Friday, September 14, 2012

Favorite Cottages



My Daddy was a business executive for his entire career, but in his heart
he was an architect.  Every Sunday, Mom would serve an early dinner, or a
Sunday Lunch as the British call it.  After the table was cleared we would hop
in the car and Daddy would drive around and we would look at houses.  We 
would all discuss which ones we liked best and why.  Consequently, I have
loved to look at lovely homes my entire life.




Daddy always liked a cape cod style.  He loved the simplicity and the
ability for a simple cape to be expanded.


Source: frontdoor.com via Susan on Pinterest


I love them too, but I also love cottages.  Something that has a real
story book, fantasy feel.




And adorable like this one.  It's like a perfect little jewel box.




Or this one.  I love a cottage that looks like it fell from the pages
of a Beatrix Potter book.




Oh how I would love to spend an afternoon sipping tea in this
charming tea room cottage!




Of course we have our own charming cottages here in the USA.





A Low Country charmer.




Source: amazon.com via Susan on Pinterest


Or a New England charmer?




And for the ultimate storybook cottage town ~
Carmel, California.

Hugh Comstock inspired an entire town to look like a storybook
village.  Wouldn't it be wonderful if every town had a theme and all the
shops and cottages reflected that theme.  Some villages do and in a later
post I will discuss some famous ones.

In the meantime, let's visit Laura for ~
Friday's Favorite Pin

I already took a peek and Laura is featuring some of the most
charming kitchens!!

If you want to see more of my pins, stop by and visit me
Ash Tree Cottage Pins

Bentley ~ Carmel is a dog friendly town.  Isn't that wonderful?
Maybe we will move there one day.


Hugs,
Susan and Bentley


















17 comments:

  1. ABSOLUTELY CHARMING!!!! YES, I too love to wander through neighborhoods and feast on the charm and beauty of cottages.

    This was so inspiring. I loved it. Thanks Susan and Bentley,

    Sharon Lovejoy Writes from Sunflower House and a Little Green Island

    ReplyDelete
  2. Susan....

    Thanks for the tour. You picked some great houses and cottages. I still love to drive around and look at homes...especially in the winter when the leaves are off the trees.

    xo, Rosemary

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love them all but photo no.8 stole my heart.. Thats a Dream Lane home for sure.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love these, Susan. Nothing says home to me like a little white cottage with a picket fence and roses.

    Hugs,
    Laura

    ReplyDelete
  5. I LOVE THEM.....all of them. Our little home in the country is only 950 sq. ft. We are still "working on it", as we've only been on this quarter section for 3 years and LOTS LOTS to do.
    But, oh how lovely they are and just seem to be so inviting.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love, Love, Love all of them. We are still wanting a little cottage of our own. time to down size and move on into a cottage like one of these. Ohhhh what a dream. I love cottages with charm and like you said as if "it fell out of a Beatrix Potter book". Thank you so much for the lovely cottage walk.

    ReplyDelete
  7. They are all delightful. I adore cottages and would rather live in one than a big boxy monstrosity any day.
    Carolyn

    ReplyDelete
  8. Loved seeing all those lovely cottages!!! Thanks for sharing your photos.
    Always love seeing sweet little Bentley, just adorable!
    Have a fun weekend, hugs, Maki

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a lovely tour of such beautiful cottages. I've always loved cottages, and we even ended up buying a little 150 year old house I call my cottage! Of course it's not as pretty as the ones you show here, but it does have character!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Because the admin of this web page is working, no
    doubt very rapidly it will be famous, due to its feature contents.

    android apps development

    ReplyDelete
  11. So beautiful! and it's my dream to live in Carmel in a storybook house...

    Have a happy weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  12. These are adorable... I can only imagine what fun it must be to come home when you live in one of these beauties. :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. :D I love this post, and I am partial to cottages. Love them all! I think I like Creole cottages best because of the high ceilings. I am over to see what you've been pinning! ;P

    ReplyDelete
  14. I am in love with this ENTIRE post! I would move to Carmel in a heartbeat! Or when I win the lottery. :) It was such fun to learn about your childhood and what a special daddy you were blessed with!

    Thank you SO very much for linking up this lovely post!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Oh these are the most gorgeous cottages, lovely blog.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Lovely post..Thanks for sharing..These photos are so cute..Cheap Log Cabin Breaks

    ReplyDelete

Oliver and I LOVE and read every comment.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...