Sunday, September 30, 2012

Parmigiana de Poulet et Mon Sac de Pain


It all started out when I became frustrated by the paper and plastic bags
that encase the breads that I purchase. The paper bags work well for a short 
time, but then allow the bread to dry out.  The plastic bags seem to encourage 
mold and mold is icky!  What to do???

I found a vintage linen towel that I thought might be perfect for a 
bread bag.  I thought it out and created this ...





Mon sac de pain ~ or my bread bag.  I had an idea of what I wanted and
just went with it using the vintage linen towel and scraps of fabric and ribbon
and embroidery floss.  



Instead of making it narrow to keep just baguettes, I made it a bit wider to store
artesian style breads as well.




I served my bread with Chicken Parmigiana, tossed green salad, spaghetti dressed
with EVOO and crushed garlic.  


Chicken Parmigiana 
(Courtesy Southern Living  "Easy Weeknight Favorites" cookbook)

4 skinned and boned chicken breast halves
1/2c Italian bread crumbs
1/2c grated Parmesan cheese
1 large egg, beaten
2 T butter or margarine
1 (14-ounce) jar spaghetti sauce
1 c (4 ounces) shredded mozzarella cheese

Flatten chicken between 2 sheets of plastic wrap or parchment paper to
1/2 inch thickness.  You can use a mallet a rolling pin or a heavy skillet
to flatten the chicken.

Mix the seasoned bread crumbs and Parmesan cheese.  Dip the breasts into
the beaten egg and then dip into the crumb and cheese mixture.

Melt some butter into a large skillet and add chicken.  Brown the chicken
over medium heat until golden.  Place chicken into lightly buttered 
baking dish.  I used an 11x7x1 1/2" baking dish.  Pour the spaghetti sauce
over the chicken and top with the shredded mozzarella cheese.  Cover with
aluminum foil and bake for about 20 minutes in a pre-heated 375 degree oven.
Serves 4




Bon appetit!!

I am joining ~



The weekend went by very fast didn't it Bentley???

Hugs,
Susan and Bentley


16 comments:

  1. Wow! I'm so impressed. You're not just another pretty face!

    Helene

    ReplyDelete
  2. This dinner looks delish! The bread bag is so pretty--love it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. yes please,love this. Your bag is a brilliant idea too. Very nice. x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Dinner looks wonderful! I love the bag idea but how does it do keeping the bread. I am with you plastic doesn't work and the paper drys it out to fast.
    Cathy

    ReplyDelete
  5. Susan~ This is brilliant and beautiful~ I love your bag! Your Chicken Parmigiana looks delicious too :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great post! I love the bag. It's a great solution for keeping bread fresh!

    XO,
    Jane

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love your sac de pain. Please let me know how it works out. I feel the same way about paper bags and plastic. Your dinner looks absolutely scrumptious. You are giving me hunger pains and I am drooling on my keyboard. Have a great day ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  8. nice! to make your own artisan bread, I have a very simple recipe that will literally take you 5 minutes http://frugalaintcheap.blogspot.com/2012/09/artisan-bread-in-5-minutes.html
    I really think the cloth bag you made will help the bread stay fresh!

    ReplyDelete
  9. How pretty is that bread bag. The dinner looks yummy. I also loved the previous post about the rescue dogs. We lost our dear Max about 2 weeks ago and I'm still in shock! Give a big hug to Bentley for me!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Susan - Love your bread bag!! The recipe sounds luscious!! Thanks for sharing.

    Judy

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love your bread bag! Dinner looks really good too:@)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love your bread bag .. so cute! Your meal looks so yummy too.
    Hugs,
    Donna

    ReplyDelete
  13. Love your idea for the bread sack. Hate plastic bags :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Susan, I LOVE your bread bag!!!! Let us know how it keeps the bread. Your dinner looks delish!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  15. I love the bag! I make my own bread and usually just cover it with foil, but this is so much prettier! :-)

    ReplyDelete

Oliver and I LOVE and read every comment.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...