Wednesday, November 12, 2014

A Writer's Life

I believe that a part of me has always yearned to be a writer.
Certainly, reading has always been a big part of my life.
I remember being in college and longing for the day when I had
time to read just for pleasure rather than duty.  Great writers have
impacted my life in a way that other mediums have not.



Everywhere I have been.  Everything I have done or read or experienced on any
level has been tucked away in the recesses of my mind and is waiting to
be accessed and used in a new way.  It's an adventure that never tires me
because I am not quite sure where the path is leading but I am so anxious to
let it lead me.


I have read that sometimes writers have an idea for a character but that
the character takes over and leads the writer in a new direction.
That just happened to me.  Don't laugh.  I know it sounds crazy, but
honestly it is the most exciting thing!  I am now officially that eccentric
writer.

What's It Wednesday

Big Texas Hugs,
Susan and Bentley




10 comments:

  1. How exciting. I started to write a novel, but life got in the way. Too busy trying to keep my head above water. I will live vicariously through you, sweet friend. xo Laura

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! What a wonderful experience it is to use your creativity & imagination~

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've had that happen. Driving the car, they speak to you and announce who they are. How was the Hill Country?
    Brenda

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's so comforting to know I am not alone. As long as I don't start carrying on a conversation with them while I am out in public, I should be fine ;-) The Hill Country is delightful. Full of charm at every turn!

      Delete
    2. This comment has been removed by the author.

      Delete
  4. Write on! Glad you are proceeding with your dream.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hello Susan, I just wanted to say this was inspiring to me! Life is full of adventure and we never know the next great story could be in any one of us, I have always said everyone has a story! Do you remember me?
    Blessings, and yes, I am still blogging:o) Need a new apron?
    Love, Roxy

    ReplyDelete
  6. Happy to find another professed writer ready to expose her imaginings online. I have a half finished murder mystery and am putting it, one chapter at a time, online at livinghomealone.com starting this week. Kinda scary but my characters need their day in the sun.

    ReplyDelete

Oliver and I LOVE and read every comment.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...