Thursday, December 18, 2014

Savoring the Season


When we were children the anticipation of Christmas morning
seemed like an endless journey.  We counted and crossed off each 
day on the calendar longing for the big day.  

Now, the minute December 1st rolls around there is a mad flurry
of shopping, parties, addressing cards, wrapping and mailing packages,
decorating and baking cookies.  The hours and days fly by at break 
neck speed.  



I just want to yell ~ stop!  Slow down.  Let's take a few moments to
savor the season.  It will be New Year's Day in a couple of weeks and
all the decorations will come down and we will be rushing towards
the Super Bowl and then Valentine's Day.  

Why?



Why are we in such a hurry?  Why this self imposed rush?



Come join me for a few moments of savoring the season.  Make 
yourself a pot of tea or a cup of hot chocolate.  Let's sit by our
Christmas trees for a few minutes and take in the beauty.  Go for a
walk around your neighborhood tonight and enjoy the Christmas
lights.  Slow down a bit and take it all in.  Call an old friend and take
some time to chat.  Just take some time to be in the moment because
it all goes by too fast.


Big Texas Hugs,
Susan and Bentley


7 comments:

  1. beautiful, sweet and charming; your decorating never disappoints...

    Karen

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great post.....I want to yell too..... SLOW DOWN....and I'm speaking to myself as well.... I love Christmas, but it has become a whirlwind. thanks for posting..

    ReplyDelete
  3. It does go by way too fast, Susan. I am planning to savor every moment with my family. xo Laura

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am finding the same thing! It goes by so fast....but to tell you the truth for me it's ok.
    I have no family here and this is the time of year I miss them terribly! We are keeping busy with giving our time to our church. It does help to keep us busy. We have 30 services over Christmas and it gives us a chance to see smiling faces.
    I loved your post and know we do have to slow down and remember, the reason for the season is the birth of Christ.
    Merry Christmas and Happy New Year!
    Blessings My Friend,

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love this, Susan. I'm going to do just that. Savory the moments that go so fast.
    Love your cute toolbox in those soft romantic colors, adorable.
    Wishing you and Bentley a happy and blessed holiday season.
    Big hugs,
    Patti

    ReplyDelete
  6. Amen, sister! I have felt this year like just taking a step back and enjoying the nostalgia that comes along with the Christmas season. Although I HAD to complete the Christmas decorating before Thanksgiving this year (my back problems wouldn't allow me to do the Christmas-themed fundraiser and then put all the crates back in storage just to have to take them all back out again in 2 weeks time!), having done so has allowed me time to savor it. While I normally spend most evenings upstairs in my home office, with all the pretty decorations on the main and basement levels I am more inclined to get off the computer and join Ramon...even if it means having to watch his crazy sci-fi TV shows!!! :-)

    This is a very good post, Susan, and I hope folks will take heed. We're on this earth for only a blip in time. We need to wrap our arms and brains and hearts around every minute we're given, especially when God has blessed us with freedom, wealth, good health and so much to be thankful for!

    Merry Christmas to you, your husband, and of course...Bentley!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Happy New Year Susan! Thanks for sharing at Home Sweet Home!
    Sherry

    ReplyDelete

Oliver and I LOVE and read every comment.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...