Tuesday, May 31, 2016

We Had a Great Weekend


How was your weekend?  Ours was busy and now I just don't feel 
like doing anything.  I could easily just sit here all afternoon and do
nothing, but that's not really possible, so I am taking mini breaks
in between tasks.  Weather wise, it was a crazy weekend.  Friday
evening a big storm came through and dumped lots and lots of 
rain down in a very short time.  That made me a bit concerned
because we invited friends over for a barbecue on Saturday evening.


But by Saturday morning, the skies had cleared and our barbecue plans
were saved and we all had a great evening.



We were especially lazy on Sunday and we took naps.




Then yesterday morning, we had another big storm and lots more
rain.  Yet, after a couple of hours, the skies cleared up once more and
we hopped into the Suburban and drove down to Rockport. 

We certainly don't need any more rain.  On our way to the beach,
we saw the Guadalupe and it's overflowing banks, farm crops standing
in water and bayous swelling.  Unfortunately, we have more rain
headed our way.  In the meantime, I feel like taking a nap ;-)

Big Texas Hugs,
Susan and Bentley 

4 comments:

  1. Glad you enjoyed your weekend..it didn't rain here until today. Was hot and humid over the holiday. I stayed inside working on the kitchen nook. I'd be awfully tempted to sit in those relaxing looking chairs and not get up!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hope you don't have any problem with the water. Houston sounds awful!!

    Take care.

    Judy

    ReplyDelete
  3. I understand about the storms and rain. In fac,t a big one is going on now. I am afraid in a few weeks we will be wishing for it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Susan, sounds like you had a great weekend! I understand about all the rain,, but we wish we could have just a little, so dry here! Blessings, Pam Richardson @ Everyday Living

    ReplyDelete

Oliver and I LOVE and read every comment.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...