Tuesday, May 3, 2016

What's Up Girlfriends?


I am on day one of my body, mind, and soul renewal program.  Last 
night was okay, but I did wake up at 3 am and started reading a new book
until my eyelids got heavy around 4am.  So far, I like this book, the title is
Still Life by Louise Penny.  My dear friend Claudia over at 
Mockingbird Hill Cottage, likes Louise Penny very much, so I thought
I would give it a try and checked out a copy at my local library.  I do
like mysteries and am working on my own.  I think I told you that before
didn't I? 



So when my eyelids started to get heavy, I crawled back into bed and turned
on my Tunein Radio ~ a free app on my phone ~ so that I could listen to
the first hour of Coast to Coast am, a replay coming out of Idaho on News
Radio 590.  George Noury's (the host) guest was Glynis McCants, aka 
"The Numbers Lady"who was making predictions using numerology.  I 
can't say that I believe in numerology, but it's fun to listen to.  I didn't hear
a word of it, because I fell asleep.  By the way, David and I figured out our
numbers once ~ I am a 3 and he is a 5.  3's are the communicators ~ well no
surprise there ;-)  5's are fun loving people who crave adventure, and that
is David.    But as I was saying, I really don't believe in that stuff, well,
maybe just a little bit.




Regarding sleepless nights, I will have to tell you the story about this bear
who sits on the window seat in my office.  Years ago I went on a three day
buying trip to Seattle with two other women.  I had been on these buying
trips before and it was always fun seeing the new designs in furniture,
linens and china.  It was tiring too.  The sponsors of these shows were 
there to get buyers to commit to lots of new purchases and kept our 
schedules filled for long days and nights.

After a full day and dinner, the three of us returned to our suite, hoping
to make it an early night.  I crawled into my hotel bed and tossed and turned.
So, I got up, got dressed and went down to the gift shop to buy a book
or magazine to read.  I did find a book, but I saw this bear and thought she
was so cute and bought her also.  When I got back to the room and
crawled into bed with my book, I took the bear with me too.  I ended up
putting the book down, turning out the light and falling asleep with my
arms wrapped around the bear.  I slept as soundly as a little girl that
night, so I have always considered her my good luck bear.



It's finally sunny outside today, so I will be spending about an hour in 
the garden spreading egg shells around some of my plants that the snails
have been chomping on.  I read that egg shells will keep the snails away,
so now that the gully washers have stopped, I am armed and ready to
give those snails the boot!



Then later on, it's 45 full minutes with Denise Austin doing Pilates.
Yoga mat on the floor, a couple of light weights and I'll be working
on my core.

That's what's up with me.  What's up with you girlfriends?

Big Texas Hugs,
Susan and Bentley



16 comments:

  1. I think everyone needs a lucky bear! I see the sun trying to peek out from behind the clouds - perhaps I'll get five minutes out in the garden before dinner this evening!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's been good to see the sun after days and days of cloudy and stormy weather!

      Delete
  2. Louise Penny is on of my favorite authors. I have read all of her books and can't wait until August for her latest one. I am busy unpacking in my new apartment and thinking about decorating. xo Laura

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have been thinking of you. How is the new apartment?

      Delete
  3. You make me tired girlfriend!! LOL So far today, I have unpacked 11 bins and put the stuff up out of the way, picked up Laynee at school and took her to Pre School (she goes there two days a week after "big" school. We took cookies and ice cream for all of her class and the twins' too. Needless to say, they were excited. Then back home for a walk with Bella and now I'm done for the day.

    Sounds like you are working hard on your new routine!

    Have a great day!!

    Judy

    PS Love that teddy bear. So sweet.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wow Judy ~ now that was a very full day! No wonder you are done for the day. You deserve to put your feet up and relax!!

      Delete
  4. Your bear is a cutie. I read that Louise Penny book too, and will probably read more in the series. I listen to Coast to Coast and heard part of that show with the numerology lady. I don't believe in it but she sure is an expert in it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. She does seem to love what she does. I like listening to Coast to Coast, but I still miss Art Bell. He was perfect for that format. Do you remember him and if so, I wonder whatever happened to Mel's Hole???

      Delete
  5. I have a sleeping problem as well. I cannot, what I call, turn my mind off. I often get up at night and write down something that I think I have solved. I may be just a little crazy.

    ReplyDelete
  6. No problem sleeping here! '-)
    I spent the morning at Lady Bird Wildflower Center. Gorgeous wildflowers in bloom. If you haven't visited try to the next time you are in Austin.

    ReplyDelete
  7. It all sounds good. Your bear is adorable. I hope that you get some good sleep.

    ReplyDelete
  8. So, I am new to your blog. I signed on--I thought-- because of your dollhouse post. Now as I read this post, I find that we have a lot in common: can't sleep at night? As you, I wake up around 2:30-3:30. I put on headphones and listen to Coast to Coast. I love the ghost stories and Big Foot. I always fall asleep just before the end of a really good story and don't know how it ended. Egg shells: I am composting or just saving egg shells, banana peels, and coffee grounds for my plants. I would have bought the bear, too. And I dig Claudia. Oh. I love Texas. My brother lives in the beautiful Hill country near Austin. Keep writing. Good therapy. And then there is the dollhouse.

    ReplyDelete
  9. An interesting tidbit for you: I knew George Noory back in my hometown. We were in a summer musical production of The King and I together. A few years back I wrote him a note saying hello and he wrote right back. Small world - 40 or so years later, there we were, saying hello to each other.
    xo
    Claudia

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi Susan,
    I love your blog and I love your little Bentley too. I just started reading the first Louise Penny book today and really like her. Hope you have a great day!
    Dawn R.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Louise Penny is one of my favorite authors. I read her blog and she talks about her husband and his illness. Kate Wilhelm is another good author.

    ReplyDelete

Oliver and I LOVE and read every comment.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...