Monday, July 25, 2016

Guilt on a Wrist



This is my Fitbit.  It's a great gadget, it tacks the number of footsteps I take
per day, how many calories I burn, how much water I drink, and how long
and well I sleep each night.  

Fitbit is a great motivator.  It reminds you to move each hour and I am
really enjoying it because it helps me to stay on track with my healthy
lifestyle.  I have been wearing it for 8 days now.  All was going well until
the weekend.  I was out of town both days and not walking as much as
I should.  I also did not drink as much water as I should, and my sleep
was lousy.

What I have learned from this is that  I love my Fitbit and love it
 when it tells me I am doing a great job.  We have a very happy
relationship.   For example, last week when I hit my first 10,000 steps
in a day, Fitbit congratulated me with what looked like fireworks on
my wrist.  I was thrilled and told my Fitbit thank you!

Over the weekend, when I was busy and not walking as much,
my Fitbit started reminding me.  I was getting gentle prompts like
Want to Take a Stroll?

I started to resent those prompts ;-)  Not only was I resenting
the prompts, but I was talking to MY WRIST!  At the top of each
hour, I dreaded being reminded that I would not reach my daily
goal if I didn't step it up.  I was concerned that I had not consumed
enough water and would have to gulp down 1000 ML at one time!

Suddenly, my sweet relationship with my Fitbit turned into a sour
one.  It evolved into Guilt on a Wrist!

Now that the weekend is over and I am on my regular schedule,
I have apologized to my Fitbit and we are now on civil, even
friendly terms ;-)

Whoops ~ gotta go ~ I have to walk another 250 steps this 
hour!

Big Texas Hugs,
Susan and Bentley


2 comments:

  1. Too funny Susan! I have had a fitzip for several years and do love it for the motivation. I push the grandkids in a double stroller 5-7 miles 5 days a week. On the week end I feel like a slacker when I check my Fitbit! Oh the guilt, lol!

    ReplyDelete

Oliver and I LOVE and read every comment.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...