Monday, August 29, 2016

I Am So Ready for Fall to Arrive!


I am oh so ready for fall to arrive!  It's been so hot here.  I'm just worn out
by it.  I used to cheer myself up by wearing cute outfits.   I would wear my
Lilly Pulitzer tops and shorts with cute sandals and brightly colored polish
on my fingers and toes.  We would go out and soon afterward I would feel
like a limp, soggy mess.  My normally fairly straight blonde hair gets all
wavy, but not the cute kind of wavy ~ just the untamable kind of wavy.
I don't know why I bother to put on make~up because it all wears off in
no time at all.  I wear self tanner because I don't spend hours tanning
like I did when I was younger and I grow tired of trying to get the tanner
to look just right.  

Complain, complain, complain!

I sound like a whiney baby, and that's just what this heat and humidity 
does to me.  But there is a light at the end of this heat wave tunnel ~ 
the temps have dropped ever so slightly.  I am beginning to have hope
once more.  I can hardly wait for the fall season to officially start!
I am going through photos from last year to get myself in the spirit
AND ....
to look for inspiration for this year's fall decor here at home 
because, we Texas gals are having another blog hop from 
October 3rd through October 7th and I know it is going to
be a great one that y'all won't want to miss! 




I love the rich, warm colors of fall.  I love wearing sweaters and plaid.  
Love mums and apple cider, tailgating and football games.  The whole 
season is full of color and festivity and fun!  

We are so busy here in Texas too during these next several months.
Round Top Antique Week begins at the end of September.  



Here is a gorgeous quilt I saw last year at the Big Red Barn.  


Also, this fall we are planning to go up to New Braunfels for Wurst Fest. David and
I went there with friends years ago, before we were married.   I saved our Tyrollean
hats!  They have moved with us everywhere we have lived since originally 
leaving Texas just after we were married.  Wurst Fest is the 10 day
celebration to sausage.  Lots of sausage, beer, German music and dancing ~
especially the Chicken Dance.  You can read all about it HERE.



We also plan to be up in Cherry Spring (north of Fredericksburg) for another
one of their Big Band nights at the Hill Top Cafe.

So ~ bring on Fall!  I am ready for cooler days and nights, sweaters and plaid,
pumpkins and mums.  We are going to have lots of fun and I will share all 
the activities with y'all, so get ready to party!  And don't forget the Texas
Fall Blog Hop from October 3rd through the 7th.  Bentley and I have
already started decorating :-)

Big Texas Hugs,
Susan and Bentley





9 comments:

  1. It cooled off a bit here, and now it's hot as can be. I'm SO tired of the heat!
    Brenda

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I feel your pain Brenda! Even David, who is a born and raised Houstonian, is sick of the heat and humidity!!

      Delete
  2. Everything looks so pretty! I am ready for fall too♥

    summerdaisycottage.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh me too, Susan! we lived in San Antonio for several years a long time ago and I was just miserable 9 months out of the year. You guys have all the humidity, too! Bring on the plaid and sweaters!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I gave up last week, packed up all the red, white and blue, just short of Labor Day, sorry and broke out my three tubs of autumnal items. I spent at least three days in chaos, but I'm so happy that I have all my pumpkins arranged. What a joy! I love the fall.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Up here near Fort Worth we have been getting some afternoon rain and slightly cool weather. I already have my Fall decorations out. It's kind of like the baseball movie "If you build it they will come", if I decorate it will cool down. Haha! We will see, but like you I am so ready for Fall.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm ready too. The heat is hot! I'm so ready I'm even having a party. Come over and link up
    at The Fabulous Fall Party. It's over here:
    http://mychristmasjourney.blogspot.com/
    Let's Party.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ha, I think we're all over Summer. After Labor Day, I'm breaking out the Fall decorations...cool weather or not! I'm ready to wear my Fall clothes and boots, sit around a cozy fire, and sip some hot chocolate!

    ReplyDelete

Oliver and I LOVE and read every comment.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...