Thursday, October 13, 2016

Talley-Ho Luncheon


It's no secret that I love horses and that I love an equestrian decor.
I have many of those elements in my home.  I also think an
equestrian theme works so well with tartan.  



Yesterday,  an idea for an equestrian tablescape popped into my head.
I thought it would be fun to combine the more rustic with the more
refined.  Cut crystal, wicker charger and our pearl handled flatware
work together to create an eclectic and friendly setting.




Crafty Mr Fox is on center stage as well as on this metal tag
hanging off the grapevine napkin ring.  




I love these horse brasses on a leather strap atop the tartan.  I can 
imagine finding them in an old English country house which is a look
I really love.

Y'all have a great Thursday and thanks for stopping by!


Big Texas Hugs,
Susan and Bentley



19 comments:

  1. Looks quite fancy and pretty ♥

    ReplyDelete
  2. A very lovely table setting - love the hunt theme!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I LOVE it, Susan! Is that red transferware? I just love it AND the fox. Like you I always think of tartan as being a good companion to anything to do with horses. xo Diana

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, the plate is red transferware. I found the fox several years ago. I love that he is so whimsical.

      Delete
  4. What a beautiful table setting, and it is perfect for Fall! I love those horse plates...how pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is so beautiful! I love the texture the wicker chargers bring to the setting. So pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh my I LOVE this, the tartan is so pretty. The transferware really looks good with the tablecloth.
    Ann

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Susan-
    I have never seen a piece of transferware I didn't like, but I have never seen the horse pattern.
    Now I have a new quest!!
    I love what you have created.
    Have a great weekend,
    Laura

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your table is wonderful and you are the first one I have seen on blogs who have the brass medals that was on leather straps for horses in parades etc. I have some I bought and didn't even know what they were when I purchased them I just thought they looked decorative.
    I put a few in my etsy shop
    Love the red white transferware plates also

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love horse brasses! I grew up with them in our house. Of course, it didn't hurt that I was an avid horsewoman ;-)

      Delete
  9. I love your tablescape and Mr. Fox is a such the star. I also love to mix crystal with a rustic table. Thank your for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh I love tartan! Thank you for sharing at Home Sweet Home!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh, I love it all! I recently acquired a few of the horse straps with the brasses. They are laying in front of my fireplace waiting for me to find a place for them. The plaid, fox (he's cute too), Equestrian horse plate...everything looks so cozy together. We really do like a lot of the same things! I love that tartan flask too!

    ReplyDelete

Oliver and I LOVE and read every comment.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...