Thursday, October 27, 2016

Copper Keeps It Cozy


Fall colors are so cozy, and the warm patina of copper is a great
addition to a fall table.



I am so happy to see that copper is back in fashion now.  I have
quite a few copper pieces that I love.  This copper fondue pot was
brought home to my family by my Daddy who purchased it while
on a business trip in Switzerland.  This pot has used so often
throughout the years at parties and every Christmas where a
cheese fondue was always served while we opened our presents
on Christmas morning.  



This antique copper kettle is also a family heirloom.  It came from
Sweden.  

I would never give up either of these pieces, nor any of my copper
pots, but I am happy to see that they are back in style again too.



Now it's back out to the yard.  I need to thin the ginger out back and
cut back some dead leaves from the banana trees, which is not such
an easy task.  I have really been enjoying working in the yard once
again.  I still have to spray myself with mosquito and "noseeums" repellent,
but at least the temps have stayed in the 80's and that's a treat!

I am joining these parties today:


Have a great day today!

Big Texas Hugs,
Susan and Bentley


7 comments:

  1. Very pretty table! Love the colors you used.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Pretty! We love copper in this house all year long. '-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think copper is perfect & adds warmth to your settings.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You are really plugging right along on that yard!!! We had a banana in our back yard when we lived in FL. I do love copper and kept a few pieces of it. I am sick to think I took some of it to GW because none of my kids wanted it. I am still kicking myself. xo Diana

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great fall colors on your table! Copper comes and goes- it's a classic! That's so nice how you have the memories about the copper pieces your dad brought home. I image trimming a banana tree would be quite a chore!

    ReplyDelete
  6. So happy to find someone else that is as in love with copper as I am. For as beautiful it is, it seems to be a truly underappreciated metal to use as home decor. You have pictured some very beautiful pieces that you must be very proud of. Good luck in the future!

    ReplyDelete

Oliver and I LOVE and read every comment.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...