Friday, October 21, 2016

Things I Love About My Home


David and Bentley and I love our home.  It's our nest, the place where we
laugh, enjoy cooking, relax and share our lives.  There are some special
things I love about this nest and here are just a few.

Every morning while making tea or coffee, I see this little scene above.
It's a vignette that just makes me smile.  




I have two of these toile covered chairs in my living room.  My Mom 
and I found these chairs in a wonderful antique shop in North Carolina
and had them shipped here to Texas.  Our living room is the most 
wonderful spot to be in the morning when the sun comes streaming
through the very large Southern Colonial style windows.  Such a 
happy place.  I call it my morning room with it's sunny yellow walls.



Staffordshire figurines and books, lots of books.  We are readers.  I tend to
read more books than David, he loves his Wall Street Journal and reads it
every day.  We enjoy magazines too like Garden & Gun and Texas Monthly.
I love my Southern Living too and try out recipes from the issue each month.




I love the old scale in my kitchen, and baskets, many, many baskets.




Now this scene is not in my home, but from Marburger Farm last year.
I wish I had purchased some of these vintage red leather books.  I am still
kicking myself that I didn't snatch some up because I know they would
be right at home in our house.



Y'all know I love my roos! 


This little pitcher I found on eBay.  I have a soft spot for anything 
gingham.


And of course, I love the island in my kitchen.  It's the heart of 
our home.

Take a walk around your own home and focus on all the things you
love about it and fall in love with your house all over again!
Make it a great Friday!!

Big Texas Hugs,
Susan and Bentley





14 comments:

  1. You have so many special things, Susan. I can see why you love them. I look around my apartment every day and notice all of the things I love. xo Laura

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You and I are sisters at heart. We love the same things and home and family are what is most important. I look around your apartment and see things I love to. You have done a wonderful job of making it look warm, cozy, and inviting.

      Delete
  2. That's just how our homes should make us feel...yours has a happy, cozy feeling!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think that those toile chairs that you and your mom found are just FAB!
    and your Kitchen looks like something straight out of a VICTORIA magazine! :D

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's the simple things that make us so very happy!! Love ALL of yours!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your home is so sweet and just makes me smile every time I visit. I look around my home and there are so many little things I love. It's why home is home to me! Big Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I can see why you love all of these things...they are all so charming and pretty. It is all quite lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I am with you. It does not take much to make me happy. Your homeeshould be a place that suits you and enjoyable, not a show off place.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I always think of your house as being a happy house (home), Susan. I really love the red and have always thought that someday I would have a red kitchen. I do have quite a bit of red transfer-ware and love it...and I love the red toile. I can see why you love your home--I love it seeing it through your eyes, too. xo Diana

    ReplyDelete
  9. You have a lot to be in love with in your home... Once this freakin remodel is over I will be happy again:-{. If we lived closer to each other I would "borrow" those chairs and forget to return!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Susan, thanks so much for sharing this today! I love your home and I can tell it makes you happy!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love all the red! That gingham pitcher! The striped stool! Lovely things to make you smile! Those red books are so nice - I'd be sad too for passing them up! Thanks for sharing what you love. Truly wonderful.

    ReplyDelete

Oliver and I LOVE and read every comment.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...