Tuesday, November 22, 2016

The Coziest, Comfiest Bed


I know you have seen this bed in my studio hundreds of times.  I have
always loved this little twin four poster, but have never actually slept in
it before.  As you may remember from yesterday's post, there is a mouse
that took up residence in my closet in the master bedroom.  David 
opened the door to see what was going on and the cutest little mouse
ran out.  We have been unsuccessful finding him and don't know if
he left the way he came in, or if he is hiding somewhere.  I decided
that until we know for sure, I can't sleep in our bedroom!

So last night I decided to sleep in the little four poster in my studio.
Oh my gosh!  It is the comfiest, coziest little bed.  When I climbed in
last night I opened up the book I am currently reading, and could
hardly keep my eyes open.  The comfiness of the bed just lulled
me to sleep.  I woke up very briefly and put away the book and 
turned out the light and slept the night away like a baby!


When I awoke this morning, I thought to myself, "this little bed that
I never use is comfier than our big bed in the master bedroom!"  There
is something wrong with this picture.  I need to deconstruct the bed to
duplicate this level of comfort for our room.  The mattress is perfect 
and the pillows too.  The down comforter has just the right amount of
fill and even the sheets are comfy.  Now I am thinking that I need to
check out the bed in the guest room.  That one has one of those 
wool fleece mattress toppers.  I have never tried sleeping in there 
either.  I am determined to make our big bed this comfy too.


Our exterminator, John, came over earlier today for our quarterly 
spraying for roaches. Please don't judge me. Roaches are 
everywhere in South Texas.  I see them running along the curb
when I take Bentley for a walk.  John also placed some bait in the
crawl space and some sticky traps in the corners of our bedroom
to eliminate the mouse we have not been able to find or catch.
I hate the thought of killing or harming a poor little animal, but
John also warned me about the damage that mice can do, 
particularly to electrical wires.  I am hoping that neither of these
methods are necessary and that little mouse has already 
escaped our house and is living happily ever after in an
outdoor nest somewhere safe from neighborhood cats. 
Until then, I am sleeping in the cozy, comfy bed in my studio.

On a happier note, I must tell you something fun about
our new alarm system.  During the day, when the system is
disarmed, we still get messages whenever a door is opened.
For example, if I open the French doors leading to the
back porch, a voice says "breakfast room door".  What I 
really love about this is that the voice we hear has a 
British accent!  Perfect for me because y'all know what an
Anglophile I am ;-)

Big Texas Hugs,
Susan and Bentley




4 comments:

  1. How fun that you got to sleep in your little bed for the first time...and even more pleasant that it was so comfortable.
    I hope your mouse problems are soon over. My son and I had a discussion about them today (because of one we trapped). He said that if you see one there are usually more and they are seldom 'alone'. He told me to put out another trap because of their rapid breeding habits. lol
    Good luck making your big bed as comfy as your little one. We have a guest room bed that is more comfortable than our own--but it is a smaller size.
    Have a great 'mouse free' night. xo Diana
    ps. When we bought our house in FL the people that lived there had not been very 'clean'. It had roaches and we had to have the house tented and fumigated to get rid of them. What a mess that was! xo Diana

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cute bed ! It does look very comfy!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love that bed, so cute!!! Good luck with making your bed comfy, can't wait to see pictures. I hate any kind of rotten, so good luck with that!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the little bed. I am wondering if sleeping in your little bed brought back some of the comforts of childhood.



    ReplyDelete

Oliver and I LOVE and read every comment.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...