Tuesday, November 15, 2016

Tuna Walnut Ball and Crackers Holiday Appetizer


I found an old recipe in one of my vintage recipe boxes that seemed
like the perfect compromise for me.  Let me explain, I am a fish lover
and I especially enjoy fish based appetizers.  I love oysters, clams, shrimp
and smoked salmon.  My husband David will only eat tuna, and never
fresh tuna, only tuna out of a can.  

So, when I discovered a recipe for Tuna Pecan Ball, I knew I must give
it a try.  Now for the tweak on this recipe, I didn't have any pecans,
but I did have a three pound bag of walnuts just purchased from Costco,
so I made one substitution.



Here is the recipe:

1 (8 oz) pkg cream cheese, softened
1 (6 1/2 oz) can solid tuna, drained
3 T diced green pepper
3 T diced scallions
3 T diced celery
2 t prepared horseradish
1/2 t hot sauce
1/2 t worcestershire 
1/2 C chopped walnuts

Combine all ingredients, except walnuts; stir well.  Shape into a ball;
cover and chill at least one hour.  Roll in walnuts; cover and chill.
Serve with assorted crackers.



This fish board has just been waiting for a recipe such as this :-)




Don't forget the assorted crackers.  



It's really yummy and even my picky eater loves it!



Be sure to visit the other recipes bloggers are sharing today at the 
Holiday Recipe Blog Hop.  Today's bloggers are:


By the way, my official little taste tester Bentley, loves the
Tuna Ball too ;-)

Big Texas Hugs,
Susan and Bentley





19 comments:

  1. I just might have to try this one!! I love tuna from a can also. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. This looks really tasty! Pinned! Blessings, Cecilia

    ReplyDelete
  3. Susan, I am a fish lover, too! What an interesting recipe! My hubby is not the great fish eater either unless you count fried catfish lol! I'm kind of joking, actually we do eat fresh wild fish every week but he would never touch sardines or smoked salmon, etc. We will have to give this a try! Happy holidays, xoxo, Andrea

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a yummy appetizer and a darling recipe file holder! Thank you for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  5. My mother was a big fan of cheese balls and she would have loved the sound of this one.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Susan, I love your creativity for substituting the walnuts for pecans. What an interesting appetizer. I think it's a good substitute for boiled shrimp (expensive) for a party. Thanks for sharing on the Holiday Recipe Blog Hop.

    ReplyDelete
  7. This looks delish! I think I might try this out for my Thanksgiving Dinner this year. Thank you for sharing. Happy Holidays!

    ReplyDelete
  8. This looks delicious. I'll have to give it a try. So glad you are a part of the Holiday Blog Hop.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Looks delicious! Love the basket of crackers.
    Brenda

    ReplyDelete
  10. This sounds delicious!
    What a unique recipe. My husband would love this too:)

    ReplyDelete
  11. I think I am taking this to my next tennis girl function!!!
    xoxo,
    Me

    ReplyDelete
  12. The tuna ball looks like a perfect appetizer and I could make a meal out of it, Susan. I'm happy to hear that Bentley approved of it, too.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Susan, sounds like you found the perfect appetizer for David. We like tuna too, so I'll give the recipe a try.
    Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Susan,
    My husband and I have different tastes as well, so when I find a recipe that we both like, I am thrilled.
    This sounds very, very tasty and it is a pretty appetizer as well!
    Saving this gem of a recipe.
    Jemma

    ReplyDelete
  15. Susan, I saw that you posted this on Instagram. This looks delicious. I love seafood too, but the only seafood my husband will eat is canned tuna. I just may have to try this. Thanks for sharing, and I hope that you are having a great week!!!

    ReplyDelete
  16. So fun! What a great twist on a classic holiday party treat! This must just disappear in a flash when you set it out for parties!

    ReplyDelete
  17. This looks so good! This wouldn't last long at my house! Thanks for sharing. Toodles, Kathryn @TheDedicatedHouse

    ReplyDelete

Oliver and I LOVE and read every comment.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...