Tuesday, September 26, 2017

Fried Chicken Dinner Date Night



Well, I was going to wear this outfit tonight for Fried Chicken dinner night
at the club, but I was stood up ;-)  Let me explain, David tries to get in a few
 holes of golf after work every Tuesday evening.  He also plays golf on Sunday
afternoons, but he can never play too much golf.  Of course this comes into
conflict with Fried Chicken Dinner night.  Once a month, our club serves
this dinner.  It is met with great anticipation for two reasons.  One, this
is South Texas and we love our fried chicken.  We take this meal very
seriously and don't want to miss it.  Secondly, it is because Sheila makes
the most delicious fried chicken I have ever tasted.  Hands down the
very best, I kid you not!



The days are getting shorter and it won't be long before the Tuesday night rounds of 
golf are over until spring.  I really don't want to deny David the pleasure he gets from
chasing the ball around the course, so we are compromising.  



I will put these clothes, shoes, jewelry, and bag back into the closet to wear
another time.  David will get the dinner all boxed up and bring it home for
us to eat later.  It works for me.  I'll be in my comfy clothes and I won't 
have to cook!




I'll do a big long aerobics session so that I can freely indulge.  Not only is
the fried chicken delicious, but the macaroni and cheese is fabulous, the 
green beans too, and the best biscuits ever.  Mmm, mmm good!  Of
course y'all know that Bentley will have some chicken too :-)


Big Texas Hugs,
Susan and Bentley





5 comments:

  1. Definitely an event I would enjoy.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like a perfect compromise. Enjoy your dinner. xo Laura

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am married to a golf addict, so totally understand how golf usually comes first-at least in my house. I haven't had fried chicken in decades and it sounds so good. At least you got to eat it at home in your comfy clothes. Love your outfit.
    Hugs, Noreen

    ReplyDelete
  4. Pretty sure I married the only doctor on earth who doesn’t golf. 🏌️ It’s weird, man! My Dad was an avid golfer...probably hit the links 3 or 4 times a week BEFORE retiring! Husband, though...nope! Love the clothes you have picked out for the season! That handbag...shriek!!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete

Oliver and I LOVE and read every comment.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...