Monday, July 2, 2018

Super Simple Side Dish Recipe


During the oppressive summer heat of South Texas, we don't want 
heavy meals.  I try to keep things light and simple, but I still try to
keep things full of flavor.  When I find something that will appeal to
David's taste, and my own, I am thrilled.  

Here is a quick and easy side dish that will work well with grilled
chicken, beef, or fish.  It's base is one of David's favorites .... corn.  
Remember, this recipe is for two of us, but you can easily double up
the ingredients to serve more.  Here we go ....

1 & 1/2 cups of frozen corn
1 scallion, sliced
5 cherry tomatoes, sliced
3 fresh basil leaves, rolled up, then sliced
olive oil to taste
red wine vinegar to taste
salt and pepper to taste
crumbled feta cheese



I just rinse the frozen corn under some hot water and drain well.  I want
crisp, not mushy corn.  Place in serving dish, add tomatoes, scallions,
basil, oil and vinegar, and salt and pepper to taste.  Mix well, and
place in fridge until dinner time.  Toss well and add the feta cheese,
toss again and serve.




It's both pretty and full of flavor.  David will pick out the tomatoes,
but that's okay because there will be more for me!  Later this week, I will
be sharing a jazzed up three bean salad.  Stay tuned.

We are also planning a little pool party for Bentley on the 4th.  Every
year we go to Barton Creek Resort in Austin for the 4th, but they are
in major remodel mode until November, so we won't be up there 
until the remodel is complete.  I have promised Bentley his own 
pool day, so y'all are invited!

Big Texas Hugs and Stay Cool,
Susan and Bentley

6 comments:

  1. This looks delicious and I will definitely be making it - thanks!
    Looking forward to reading about the pool party.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I would enjoy a big serving.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That looks good. I just made a list of 7 summer sides ( salads) to make this week... it just turned into 8.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm making this today because I am NOT cooking hot in this heat! Thanks, Susan!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Looks delicious, thanks for sharing the recipe. Happy weekend!

    ReplyDelete

Oliver and I LOVE and read every comment.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...