Wednesday, December 2, 2020


I have been away far too long.  The thought of blogging has seemed
daunting to me.  Since my illness, and now my recovery, I have
looked at life in a very different way.  Instead of trying to keep up with 
the standards that other bloggers have set, and my own previous
standards, I have decided to treat this platform as a daily diary.
A stream of consciousness if you will.  

What I have learned from facing death is to only be concerned 
about two things ... treating others kindly and to be true to 
myself.  No pretenses.  No efforts to follow trends, or compete
with others.  You will come to know me as I am.  Life is meant to
be enjoyed and shared with others, even in this age of Covid.
I hope that you will come to visit.  

Love,
Susan and Oliver


 

10 comments:

  1. YOU do whatever you want! It's your blog! I'm blogging less and less as I hate the pressure it puts on me, to try to do it more often. I decided I'd just do it when the whim strikes me or I have something to share. I'm trying to slow down with the expectations I put on myself. I'm also going to try much shorter blogs.. maybe just a thought here and there and one picture.. may be hard for me but going to try. Have a wonderful day! Marilyn

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your blog no matter what. And as for your adorable little Oliver, I just love him! I am sure he will bring you many smiles and much love! Enjoy your holidays with your new little friend!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oliver is a cutie, that's for sure. He has brought such joys into our lives!

      Delete
  3. We have missed you and will be delighted to hear from you whenever you feel like blogging. Nobody else's schedule matters. Christmas blessings to you and yours.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I think this new diary type of format will be much easier for me to manage.

      Delete
  4. Missed you, but did not know you had been so ill. What a blessing that you are doing much better.
    Trust you will continue to get stronger. I am 91 now and make what I blog short. I enjoy the comments. Take care.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I support you completely. It is so important to be good to others and especially good to yourself. Be well I, my friend.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Susan, Bless your heart. We can all learn from your experience. Praying blessings on you and your family this Christmas. Sandra

    ReplyDelete
  7. I have so missed your blog Susan. I so enjoyed your posts and the beautiful pictures of your home. Just so thankful you are well and recovered and look forward to your beautiful words of wisdom as I love you and you ate a beautiful person.������

    ReplyDelete

Oliver and I LOVE and read every comment.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...