Sunday, June 18, 2017

I Was Daddy's Little Girl


Today is Father's Day and it was seven years ago today that my Daddy passed
away.  He was the center of my universe.  I adored him and his memory lives
forever in my heart.



Most little girls think their daddy is the best one in the world.  That is how it
should be.  My parents were a bit older when I was born, and since I was the only
one, I always had their full attention.  My Mom was always the practical and more
serious of the two.  My Daddy, while a very successful and prominent business man
had the heart and soul of a child.  When I asked him to read me a bedtime story, he
gladly did so, but with a twist.  He knew that I had memorized the plot and all the
words of every story, so he would change all the words to keep me guessing.
Bedtime at our house was an hour filled with giggles and story line exaggerations.
I never knew what to expect, but knew it would be fun.

Daddy loved dogs and taught me to both love and respect them.  I received a 
puppy at age five, and she became a very important member of the family.
Daddy told me all the stories of all the dogs he had before I came along.
Our little Scottie, Bonnie was added to the list of VIDs ~ Very Important Dogs.

He was also a perfectionist and loved architecture.  When I asked for a tent
in the backyard, I not only received a tent, but one with a hardwood floor.
It was the coolest tent in the neighborhood :-)

Daddy also constructed a huge igloo out in our front yard one winter
that was big enough for me and all my friends, and of course, Bonnie too.




Daddy never thought that I was limited because I was a girl.  He told me that
I could do anything I put my mind to.  He encouraged me to follow my dreams
and to run my own race.  

Thank you Daddy!  I miss you so much and look forward to the day when
we will be together once again.

Big Texas Hugs,
Susan and Bentley



12 comments:

  1. What a wonderful tribute to your beloved father! I adore all the photos of you two together!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So sweet! I love the memories of our Daddies that live on after they have passed. One day we'll all be together again. Alisha

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great memories....you are blessed!!! Oh! how I miss seeing little girls looking like little girls. Adorable.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My Mama spent lots of hours dressing me up and fixing my hair. She was always very fussy about my appearance. I probably would be the same if I had a little girl :-)

      Delete
  4. Replies
    1. Thanks Edward and Lily! I should post more pictures of my little Scottie named Bonnie. She was my very first dog and she came to live with us when I was five years old. I loved her with all my heart and still miss her.

      Delete

Oliver and I LOVE and read every comment.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...