Monday, May 10, 2010

Tea and a Murder, Oh My!


Sit down and make yourself comfy. Have a cup of tea and some pecan coffee cake. I want to tell you about a terrific mystery I just finished reading. Imagine a charming tea shop in historic Charleston, South Carolina. The owner, beautiful Theodosia Browning has just locked up her Indigo Tea Shop for the night after a busy evening serving tea and goodies to long time customers and tourists. She is walking down a dimly lit alley when to her horror, she witnesses a murder! The victim is fellow merchant, Daria Shand, owner of the Antiquarian Map Shop! The stage has been set for New York Time's Best Selling author, Laura Childs' latest ... The Teaberry Strangler!!



I have read several of Laura Child's Tea Shop Mysteries and am never disappointed. Theodosia Browning and her lovely Indigo Tea Shop in Historic Charleston provides the backdrop for tea and mystery. She contemplates suspects while sitting in a cozy apartment above her shop. It is filled with the items we cottage girls love, cozy chintz covered chairs, antique tea cups, a prized Staffordshire dog. She is aided in her detective work by her employees and friends. The elegant southern gentleman, Drayton, tea connoisseur extraordinaire. The talented chef Miss Haley. Theodosia's ever faithful and loving dog Earl Grey. Who could have wanted to murder dear Daria? Did someone want to take over her Antiquarian Map Shop? Was someone else interested in the location to expand an existing shop? No butlers are suspects, but Daria's recently hired employee may be, or perhaps another shop owner? Maybe it is someone after a specific antique map. Perhaps someone confused Daria for Theodosia and Miss Browning may be the next victim!


To find out the answer to these questions, just go out and get a copy of The Teaberry Strangler. You will be glad you did. Check out the Laura Childs site for a complete list of all her Tea Shop Mysteries and her other series as well. When you are done with that, sit back and enjoy another cup of tea and visit Terri's Tea Cup Tuesday at her blog Artful Affirmations, Marty's Table Top Tuesday at A Stroll Thru Life, and lovely Lady Katherine's Tea Time Tuesday at Lady Katherine Tea Parlor.

I'm ready for another cup of tea, how about you? What's that Bentley? How did Earl Grey get his name? Well you see, Theodosia found this cute little pup and he was homeless and sad ... I'll whisper the rest of the story to you and our blogging friends will just have to read the book to find the answer. Now say goodbye to all our friends!
Bentley says woof!!

Love,
Susan and Bentley
xxoo

20 comments:

  1. I have never heard of that book-I will have to check it out. I might make myself an earl gray tea now. Yum!

    Best wishes,
    Natasha.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thinking I might have to check this book out as well. Sounds like an interesting series.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds like a series of books I would like.

    I always have to have Earl Grey tea when I read Agatha Christie.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have the tea but I don't fancy a murder thanks!!!! Book looks good!!
    xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Susan,
    Very cute post, my friend. I ususally am not a fiction reader, but I might have to try this one. I love my movie biographies, especially of the stars of the 20's and 30's or anything of the beginning of old Hollywood and Beverly Hills history.
    I usually don't have my speakers on, but I love the "Leave It To Beaver" theme song I am hearing!
    Woof to you Bentley!
    xo
    Robin

    ReplyDelete
  6. Such a beautiful teascape. Love the teapot and the cup. Great book review too. Thanks so much for joining the party. Hugs, Marty

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh I will have to check out this author.

    What a lovely vignette! Well done.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful post. Thank you so much for being a part of the party. It would not be the same without you. Have a wonderful week. Blessings, Martha

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hello Susan, thanks so much for stopping by my blog, and for your very sweet comment :) I have just become a follower of your lovely blog. My daughter would love your sweet Yorkie! So cute!!

    I look forward to visiting your blog to see what lovely things you have to post about :) Have a wonderful day, warmest, Brenda

    ReplyDelete
  10. I am a huge mystery fan! I'm always reading one. I've seen this author but have never read one of her books - I'll definitely try one.

    xo
    Claudia

    ReplyDelete
  11. Well...you set this story up splendidly!! I have to read it now. Do you recommend starting at the beginning of her tea shop series or can I jump right in with this murder mystery? I love the shop and apartment already and little Earl Grey is going to steal my heart (don't worry, Bentley, I'm still your biggest fan!).

    Thanks, Susan!

    xoxo
    Jane

    ReplyDelete
  12. A lovely tea, and a great story too! Thank you for sharing both with us.
    I am finding your blog amazing, and I am going to have a good look around.
    Hugs,
    Terri

    ReplyDelete
  13. Wow! Thanks for sharing such a lovely tea infused with a little mystery!! Love that~
    Hope you have a lovely week. I am going to peek around here, glad to meet you. All my best, Theresa MsartistSewCrafty , hope you can drop by for tea.

    ReplyDelete
  14. OH how delightful! I have always been a big fan of mysteries when I was little I adored Nancy Drew and many others! Now with my own kids I do not read as much as I would like! Any hooo thank you for sharing, I will have to hunt down one of these darling books!
    Hugs,
    Olivia

    ReplyDelete
  15. Ha...on my tea cup post I told about Charleston's tea plantation. You can go to my monkey blog called monkey business to see ;-). I read a mystery a while ago that took place in Charleston, and it involved the owner of a tea shop. So now I am wondering if it is the same author; however I did not enjoy the book and I really am not too picky! It was the first book by the author so I am not sure if it is the same author or not???? It was not written very well (I should talk--I can't write!! but I do enjoy a well written piece!)May be she got better as she wrote more books; or perhaps it was a different author. However, I seem to remember a Theodosia in the story.....

    ReplyDelete
  16. I have heard of these books called the Tea Shop Mysteries and was thinking of looking on Ebay for some of them. They sound exactly like my "cup of tea"!!
    Debbie

    ReplyDelete
  17. Tell Bently that Mele says "woof!!" back! Mele loves a mystery as much as I do!!

    ReplyDelete
  18. wow that books look very interesting.. should give my library some check outs! thanks for sharing.. have a good week!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Hi,
    I just found your lovely blog, and read your post about the Tea Shop Mysteries series. I love them, and have read them all! I love to read mysteries, and enjoy this series a lot. The characters are interesting, and Theodosia's teashop would be a fun place to visit (if it was real)! I enjoy learning about tea from Drayton, and Haley's lunches always sound so wonderful! Thank you for sharing about the books...a fun post. :)

    ReplyDelete
  20. I found the Tea story while perusing your blog. I'll be sure to read the Tea Shop Mysteries. Bently is soo adorable!
    God bless.
    Ginger S.

    ReplyDelete

Oliver and I LOVE and read every comment.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...