Monday, August 6, 2012

Loving Chalkboard Paint


We finally have our new plan for the cabin and a storage facility to 
keep all the furniture, dishes, etc secure until the construction is complete.
I was starting to bubble wrap dishes and had a brainstorm ...

Why not use wood crates and paint the ends with chalkboard paint
so that I can easily see what's in each crate???




Then after the cabin is built and all of the dishes are put away I
can just erase the chalk and fill the crates with holiday decorations or
anything else and re-label the crate and store it in the cabin attic.




Don't you just love chalkboard paint?  I sure do!

Now that I have tweaked a crate, I will join the other tweakers at 

Bentley ~ would you like Momma to paint anything you own
with chalkboard paint???  I'm on a roll!

Hugs,
Susan and Bentley

16 comments:

  1. It's pretty Susan. I need some chalkboard paint. CC does have a chalkboard wall in her room.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh styling that cabin is going to be lots of fun!
    Sherry

    ReplyDelete
  3. I can see that I am going to have to try this!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love this idea for storage. Makes life much easier!
    Thanks for stopping by, Mary Alice

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sounds like a winning idea to me! I can't get over how much I love the blue background! It makes me smile every time I visit.
    Brenda

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great idea! Can you send me a pic of the plans? I was actually looking at that paint today, thinking of painting the middle part of the basement door in the kitchen.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I've been wanting to try some for the longest time...I love this idea!

    ReplyDelete
  8. That is a great idea. I love chalkboard paint too. Gotta get it out and start some painting. I can't wait to follow your cabin progress as you get into it.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh chalk board paint is awesome! I need to buy some!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. You are so clever! I love this idea to use on shelves at home! Your chalkboard paint idea is great!
    Your project would be perfect to share at TUTORIALS TIPS AND TIDBITS, my new weekly linky party! It is live every Wednesday evening at 8:00. Come on over and join in!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Great idea.
    I like the fact that you've already got plans for them once they are emptied and you're re-settled in the Cabin! Thinking ahead...Pat

    ReplyDelete
  12. Susan, you are one clever lady! Great idea!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Susan ~ What a fabulous idea. I love this and I just may borrow your idea ;-)
    Bentley ~ don't get any chalkboard paint on your tail. Mommy write down storage. Ohh noooo

    I can hardly wait to see the cabin~!

    ReplyDelete
  14. How fun to be getting a cabin....love it.

    Now, where in the world are you getting lots of wooden crates? I just LOVE crates. :)
    xo bj

    ReplyDelete

Oliver and I LOVE and read every comment.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...