Friday, August 10, 2012

My Fashion Style

Source: polyvore.com via Susan on Pinterest



I wear classic styles and rarely go the trendy route.  Oh, I may buy a trendy
accessory to add a bit of pop to an outfit, but I never go out on an edge.
I keep clothes for years.  You can still find corduroy Bermuda shorts hanging
in my closet.


Source: pulsemed.org via Susan on Pinterest



I love polo shirts and have them in all colors ~ especially pink.
They are an essential of my daily "uniform" and if I want to dress the look
up I just add a simple strand of pearls or a pretty ribbon belt.




I don't like to wear lots of jewelry.  I wear my Tiffany white gold bracelet,
my watch, my engagement, wedding and anniversary band and simple
diamond studs and that's it.  Sometimes I will add that simple strand of pearls
or a fun little bracelet like this one.  My jewelry box is sparse and has not
changed over the years.


Source: llbean.com via Susan on Pinterest



I love my LL Bean Camp Mocs and have worn them for years.  In my mind,
they never go out of style.  I still have a pair of Bass Weejun penny loafers in
my closet too.  Told you ~ my closet is like an antique store :D





Ballet flats are a favorite of mine.  I wear them with skirts, jeans and
shorts too.  Everyone plie!


Source: llbean.com via Susan on Pinterest



Boat totes are something we buy in several colors.  LL Bean totes last
forever and we have some relics of those too that have been toted around
the country for years and have spent lots of time in the washing machine.
I can toss in items from the market or books from the library and still have
room for my wallet and keys.





But I can't bring a boat tote to a dinner party or a wedding ~ so that's when
a cute little clutch bag is the perfect addition.





I like the stripes and would wear this look, but the dress would have to be
a couple of inches longer!







And of course ~ there is always more than one little black dress
in my closet!




A simple Bob with bangs is my favorite hairstyle.
I wear my hair like this but  longer.  It skims my shoulders
so that I can easily change it to this style ...


Source: google.com via Susan on Pinterest


I just pull it back into a ponytail and go.   Well, that's it ~ my
fashion style.  I have not changed it much over the years.  It may be
predictable, but I sure do get a lot of mileage out of my wardrobe!


Pink Saturday
Laura's Pin Party

PS: Bentley never changes his hairstyle either!

Hugs,
Susan and Bentley































16 comments:

  1. I think I have a good vision of how you look now! I love the classics but I do buy fun things once in awhile. And they grow old, I can't throw anything out!!

    Have a wonderful weekend, Susan!

    XO,
    Jane

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks like it works well for you. I have reached an age where comfort is very important. I look back on those high heels and wonder how I did it :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like all your samples. I have pair of those white culotte pants and a stripe t shirt too.

    3 little black dresses- just in case.

    its good to be ready when an occasion arises so we dont have to drive ourselves crazy with , " what am I gonna wear??" lol

    thanks for visiting me- you are so sweet.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love, love, LOVE your style. We could definitely swap clothes. :)

    Thank you for being an adorable Pin Up Girl!

    Kisses for Bentley!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh My Yes, That's my look too(although my hair is a VERY LONG braid)... Around the house, "I'm ALWAYS ready to work in the gardens"(so if someone WERE to pop in I would have to RUN TO CHANGE,hehe)...I am and NEVER WAS a fan of HIGH HEELS... All your pictures DREW my interest!
    LOVE your style and we could DEFINITELY go shopping together. AND we all know, We could end up at GOODWILL to treasure hunt also!!!
    Have a great weekend,
    Hugs,
    Donna

    ReplyDelete
  6. Well, we came from the same ole school, I could have written your post! What great photos of your style. Cute pin board Susan…….Happy Pink Saturday.

    ~Emily
    The French Hutch

    ReplyDelete
  7. Perfection!! I like classic too. Love a clutch for shopping and errands. Can't seem to deal with the heavy bags anymore. A little black dress, oui-oui. Love it so much I made tags inspired by it. :)

    Fun stopping by.
    Happy pinks!
    XOXO's,
    Marcia

    ReplyDelete
  8. Those are some cute style choices! Hope you have a lovely weekend!

    HaPpY pInK sAtUrDaY!
    Mrs. Sarah Coller

    ReplyDelete
  9. Well, you must be cute as a button! Love your style and all your pictures are great!
    Thanks so much for sharing and I hope you have a wonderful weekend!
    Happy Pink Saturday!
    (hugs)
    Aledia

    ReplyDelete
  10. Lovely selection! Visiting from Pink Saturday.

    Wedding Anniversary Pink, your comment will mean so much!

    ReplyDelete
  11. You and I like a lot of the same things. Lots of blue and white striped knit tees in my closet, and yes, there is a pair of Bass weejuns from the 70s that I still wear. I've had the souls replaced twice, but the leather is still great. Perfect winter shoes! ;-) Afraid my wardrobe stays the same year after year. Lots of linen for the summer months. Happy Pink Saturday.......Sarah

    ReplyDelete
  12. Your fashion style is really awesome...All are pretty selections...Visiting from PS!

    Mine is here

    ReplyDelete
  13. I so love your watch, your pair of sandal and the bag:)

    Visiting from Pink Saturday- hope you can stop by..

    http://www.sweetposh.info/2012/08/new-hello-kitty-shoes.html

    ReplyDelete
  14. Nice choice! I like classic but with a combination of modern style. To make it
    look more young and sophisticated.


    Organization Accessories

    ReplyDelete
  15. Stopping by from Fridays Favorite Pin. I adore your sense of style. It's polished by comfortable.
    Classics never go out of style.
    Deborah
    FairfieldHouseNJ.com

    ReplyDelete
  16. Classic never go out of style and you are one smart and savvy shopper! Love your look!

    ReplyDelete

Oliver and I LOVE and read every comment.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...