Wednesday, August 29, 2012

Poor Boo Boo The Bear Cub


Wildfires are still raging in Idaho.  The skies over my cottage are filled with smoke.
With no rain in the forecast it's estimated that the fires may burn through the fall.  Sadly,
these fires are a threat to wildlife.  A big news story here is the one about a young
20-25 pound bear cub nicknamed Boo Boo.

Boo Boo was spotted clinging to a Douglas fir tree by a fisherman on the Salmon River.
Fish and Game searched for it's mother, but she was no where in sight.




Boo Boo was rescued and it was discovered that all four of his paws
have 2nd degree burns.  He probably has not eaten for several days as well.
Dr Mark Drew, the state veterinarian treated Boo Boo's paws.



Boo Boo will be staying at the Snowdon Wildlife Sanctuary near
McCall for four to six weeks to recuperate.  

While I have a healthy respect for bears, Boo Boo has captured my heart.
Get well soon Boo Boo!

Bentley ~ I think that we should make a contribution to the 
Snowdon Wildlife Sanctuary.  We don't want to see any of our forest
friends suffering like Boo Boo and it's comforting to know that he will
have a safe place to stay until he gets better.


Hugs,
Susan and Bentley





13 comments:

  1. Poor Boo Boo! I am so glad he was rescued!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for posting, Susan. I hate to see any animal suffer. I am so glad Boo Boo is safe. Arf, Bentley
    Xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such a sad story Susan. I certainly wish little BooBoo the very best of health. In our paper this morning there was a picture of a fireman and a very tiny bob cat kitten. He was also rescued from one of the forest fires in our area called the Chips fire, so they named him Chips He also had 4 burned paws and was treated. So sad that most of all this is caused by negligence of the two legged kind..Hope you are having a good week otherwise..Judy

    ReplyDelete
  4. I always worry about the animals in forest fires and pray they don't get hurt or worse killed ! I am glad that this sweet little bear was rescued and has wonderful people to help him ! Hope he mends well !

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am happy that he was rescued and getting help. I have the greatest respect for people who do this kind of work. I hope things get under control and you get rain. xo

    ReplyDelete
  6. How sad Boo Boo lost his mother, but so glad he was rescued. He is so cute. Boo Boo Bear is our nickname for Max!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Boo Boo is as cute as a button. The poor darling must be so afraid, without his mother and with sore paws. I am so happy that he was rescued. I hope the wildfires get under control. Thoughts and prayers are with everyone in that area and especially the poor animals caught in the heat. My hat goes off to the people who treat these animals. Keep us updated on Boo Boo's progres ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi, Boo Boo is a cutie for sure; so glad he was rescued and will get healthy before being relocated. I hope that the rain will come and put out your fires-we've had a good share of fires here in Colorado.
    Stay safe.
    Noreen

    ReplyDelete
  9. poor Boo Boo....it's interesting to see his eyes when they found him and see the picture of his face after he had been treated.... some folks don't think that animals suffer but they do. Poor bear. We need to pray for rain. I will also donate to the sanctuary in name of my dogs. :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Poor Boo Boo. Bless his heart with those burned paws. He must be very uncomfortable. Wishing you a speedy recovery and back home before you know it. The fires are frightening and hopefully the area will get some rain.

    Stay safe and thanks for sharing Boo Boo with us.
    Sam

    ReplyDelete
  11. How scared he must of been without his mama...poor little Boo Boo bear. I'm glad he was rescued and hope he has a speedy recovery.

    ReplyDelete
  12. (I love cottage hopping...came over here from MiMi Sue's Cottage)

    Poor little bear indeed. Looking at his paws bandaged up was pretty sad. HOWEVER, I am freaking scared to death of bears !!
    I know the fires have been very bad in Idaho and Utah this year. (I lived in Utah for 28 years......up until 3 years ago) All my kids and grandkids are still there.
    AND....once upon a time (a very long time ago) my first husband and I lived in Pocatello.
    And my brothers wife is from Burley.....small world eh.

    Now I am up here in Alberta, not in a cottage, just a little home on 160 acres. I am learning about country life.

    ReplyDelete

Oliver and I LOVE and read every comment.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...