Saturday, August 25, 2012

Weekend Eye Candy


It's Saturday and I feel the need for a little shopping therapy.
Antique shops are the supreme form of shopping therapy for me.
Of course, you probably already know that don't you?




So here I am at Forget Me Not Antiques ~ one of my favorite shops!
I am in love with this vintage wicker tea cart.  No, I would never paint it
and it would be so so cute in the cabin.  That's a big hint to my hubby
in case he wants to do his Christmas shopping really early :-D




Transferware.  I have loved it since I was a little girl.




Isn't this the sweetest?  I could imagine serving hot chocolate from
this darling pot.




Love this vignette and also love the title of this book.  
Maybe I should write a post once a month and call it the 
Agony Column and we could all air our grievances and then
let them go for a big collective "ahhh"!




I think I need (ie want very much) this lantern!



If Glenda ever decides to sell this dresser I hope she let's me know.




And this precious tea stand ...




and this one too.

Thanks for visiting me and coming along on my eye candy stroll.
Here are some fun sites to visit this weekend ~




Wasn't that fun Bentley?  Bentley says no.  He does not care much
for shopping and just tags along and can hardly wait to get out of the
store.  Typical male!!

Hugs,
Susan and Bentley

19 comments:

  1. I already have 4 tea carts - another one? But look how cute it is! I did the same thing as you yesterday - come do a link to Open House if you have a minute!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, please come take me with you! I'm bored out of my gourd staying inside this house!
    Brenda

    ReplyDelete
  3. Bentley needs to take me shopping! :D

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh shopping is so much fun! Love all the eye candy you shared! That teacup stand is tres cute!
    hugs, Linda

    ReplyDelete
  5. Susan, this looks like a day well spent! That tea cart is adorable; and I really LOVE the transferware!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks for linking! I hope your publicity helps Glenda!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Susan! Oh, I love the looks of all these pretties in the shop! I've always wanted a tea cart! :)
    Be a sweetie,
    Shelia ;)

    ReplyDelete
  8. WOW- drool drool drool!!!!

    What a glorious store! Did you come away empty handed then? Just window shopping this time?

    I believe that is the prettiest tea cart I have ever laid eyes on - tell Mr. Ash Tree Cottage to get it right away so no one else nabs it - and just make you wait till Christmas for it!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh my Gosh ~ I know why this shop is one of your favourites. It would be mine too. The tea cart is just beautiful (I wouldn't paint it either). The tea cup stands are just darling and that hot chocolate pot is so cute. Browsing in an antique shop is just the best therapy ever ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thanks for taking us along. The tea cart definitely belongs in the cabin. ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hmmmm, Susan, I love all the things you love, too. It would be fun shopping with you. Thanks for taking me along through your blog!! I saw a wicker tea wagon when I was antique shopping on vacation and ADORED it.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Susan, what a great place! Love the tea cart and the lantern, but my heart did an extra beat (!!!) looking at the teacups! Oh, my! I want to take them all home! Hugs to you and Bentley.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Oh why didn't you call me cause I wanted to come?

    ReplyDelete
  14. Oh it looks like you have a grand time at this shop. I love the cart and the flateware. The transferware is gorgeous too and I sure would like to see it on my table.

    ReplyDelete
  15. I am not much of a shopper except when it comes to vintage and antiques. What beautiful things. I can see why you love that store.

    ReplyDelete
  16. just wat I needed...a little stroll...Love the eye candy...I love window shopping and buying of course. Hopefully your hubby will get this hint. Have a great week. Mica @ The Child's Paper

    ReplyDelete
  17. Susan I suggest you leave Bentley at home and take me. lol! Oh Bentley I am sorry, just kidding. This looks like such a wonderful antique store. I agree, great place for shopping therapy. I would love to collect red transferware. So gorgeous! Love the lantern and tea stands. Thanks for letting us tag along.
    Hugs,
    Jann

    ReplyDelete
  18. I agree with you on that tea cart, Susan!! Beautiful!
    So much eye candy in this shop!

    Thanks so much for sharing!!

    Hugs,
    Debbie

    ReplyDelete
  19. I agree that shopping is good therapy. I don't always buy, so I love antique stores for inspiration as well as good finds. Thanks for the vicarious shopping trip.

    ReplyDelete

Oliver and I LOVE and read every comment.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...