Monday, April 14, 2014

Forever Tweaking


I have finished a few more tweaks in Mom's old room.  I must admit, I 
have been being really lazy lately and have not done too much more
tweaking, but I managed to finish some minor tweaks.  I added a plaid
pillow to the chair.  The bedskirt is in this same plaid.  I will show you
that as soon as I finish tweaking the bed.




I painted the old foot stool white and recovered it with the ticking fabric
I found at the Texas Antique Week.  I have always been a huge fan of
ticking.  It is hard to tell from this photo, but the ticking perfectly matches
the other blues in the room.





I like the way the little chest turned out after I painted it with Annie Sloan
Provence Blue and waxed it with her soft wax.  I decided not to distress it.
Now this is a cozy little spot for reading a book or leafing through 
magazines on a rainy and cloudy afternoon like the one we are having
today.





I hung this portrait over the bed.  I am not sure if it will stay there or not.
I'll keep it there for a day or two and see if I change my mind.  I painted
the headboard in Provence and just accented the trim with Old White.
I think that I already showed you the headboard once before.





My next big project in this room is to paint the dresser.  It's a big one.
I have to get mentally prepared to tackle the job.  Do you ever feel
that way about a big project?  At the moment I am getting motivated
to get the job done soon.


Bentley is so cute, he always watches me paint and tweak.
He's my decorating assistant!

Big Texas Hugs,
Susan and Bentley


13 comments:

  1. I have had the same problem of late . . . making myself do something productive has been very, very hard. Your additions to the room are making already pretty, cozy room much more enjoyable I'm sure.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's all a lot of work, and you've done a beautiful job, Susan. Happy Easter!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Everything looks so pretty, Susan. I love the colors and patterns you are using. It's always nice to have an assistant too ~ especially a cute one!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Big project need at least a week or two of thinking about.
    Merle.................

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is a very charming room. Ticking is a favorite of mine, too. I really like it on your stool. You have a great eye for design. From time to time I have to psych myself up to start a big project. I try to get started right after my morning coffee. That's when I'm most optimistic about starting something large. I'm glad I found your blog through Dwellings. New follower via Google. Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  6. You are creating so much loveliness and have been so busy no wonder you might be putting something off a wee bit...like the dresser! Once you start you'll create magic, though :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love the colors and the accents. The painting above the bed is so pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  8. This looks like a really comfortable room, Susan!

    ReplyDelete
  9. So far I love everything you have been doing with this room. So cozy!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Susan ~ you are doing just wonderfully. The room and your little tweaks look so inviting. I congratulate you on your strength and courage to do this room. Everything is just lovely. Can't wait to see the rest

    ReplyDelete
  11. Everything looks beautiful, Susan. I love the color you painted the chest...so pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Everything looks great.

    I had a big dresser I put off painting for 2 years. I was so surprised how easy it was when I finally tackled it with Miss Mustard Seed's Eulalie Sky.

    ReplyDelete

Oliver and I LOVE and read every comment.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...