Wednesday, September 10, 2014

Toile and Buffalo Checks in the Bath

source


I have always loved this powder room.  The toile wallpaper, buffalo check
skirt, the brocante mirror, all lovely together.


source


In case you are wondering where I am going with all of this,
I am going through photos of baths and powder rooms I
like because I am about to redecorate the guest bath.  I
always think a guest bath is a spot where decorators can
have a little fun.  Go over the top.  I have a friend in
Phoenix who put up wallpaper with a red background and
it was covered in white West Highland Terriers.  It was
one of the most darling guest baths I have ever seen.
So lively and so fun.


source

I think this one is subdued and pretty.  Lovely wallpaper and a
soft and neutral small checked valance.


source

Black and white is always stunning and timeless.



I love the way the wallpaper was wrapped up the ceiling.  The
primitive wash stand turned sink gives the room a cottage feel.
I think it is charming.



source

The yellow with black accents is fun too.  And look ~ more wallpaper
on the ceiling.



source

Of course, I have had a little crush on this powder room for
quite a while now.



source


This to me is more Manhattan than Texas, but the Chinoiserie is
so elegant.  My Mom would have loved this.  In my living room
there are several pieces with a Chinese influence.  She loved
to accent with that style.

I need to make a decision soon.  I have to rip off existing
wallpaper that I don't like and choose another one that I do.
I have yet to decide what the color scheme will be, but I am
leaning towards red.  The bathroom has a vanity too so I
will be skirting it with either matching or coordinate valance
material for the window.  I will let you know which way I
am going and post before and after pics.

What's It Wednesday
Home and Garden Thursday

Big Texas Hugs,
Susan and Bentley










14 comments:

  1. Wow, love your inspiration photos. Especially #3!
    Blessings,
    Cindy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Always fun to start from scratch! But choosing a wallpaper, I would go nuts trying to decide. Same with paint colors. I'm always afraid I'll hate it once it's done (and paint can look so different in different light that it drives me crazy!) Can't wait to see the finished result.
    xo Kathleen

    ReplyDelete
  3. You're going to have so much fun with this! I vote for the red and white - so fresh, all year 'round.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a fun project you have ahead of you....I still love the first one.....I have it cut out from a magazine long ago, and in one of my decorating folders.......hey, ya never know!!! Can't wait to see what you choose!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. These are all beautiful bathrooms and very inspiring. The silver sink in the first picture really caught my attention and I love the ones with the wallpaper going up the sloped ceilings although my back hurts just thinking about trying to hang it!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I vote for red since it's a guest bathroom. Look at all your pics.... the red is so much fun!

    ReplyDelete
  7. So many beautiful bathrooms! I would have troubles choosing too :) Good luck!
    Jennelise

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love every one of these choices but the last one, which I do like alot, although it is very dramatic…just a little too oriental for my taste. My Mom also has several Chinoiserie styled pieces; a beautiful chest with burnt bamboo trim and some panels. They are elegant! That blue bathroom is one of my all time favorites. Can't wait to see what you do! Have fun!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great photos Susan, I do need to update our powder room, you have inspired me to get busy!
    Jenna

    ReplyDelete
  10. Well, one of my favorite things is toile and checks! The blue one and little red one are my favorites!
    xoxo,
    Me
    Aunt Robin says hi, Bentley!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I have always wanted my bedroom walls covered in toile fabric to match my comforter and pillow shams

    ReplyDelete
  12. These are all spectacular. I just redecorated my very, very small powder room and it was fun...I went over the top and put in a gold leaf ceiling ~ I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  13. My favorite is number 1, but think I could live more with a bathroom like #3.
    That lil red powder room is adorable too. Happy choice making.............and
    hope you like your results.
    Blessings,Nellie

    ReplyDelete
  14. I love the muted softness of the 3rd bath, yet could almost love any of them in my home.

    Really a great post.

    Xx
    Dore

    ReplyDelete

Oliver and I LOVE and read every comment.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...