Thursday, September 11, 2014

Grateful Morning


I woke up early as I always do.  As I stepped off my front porch
into a bright and sunny morning landscape, I felt great joy just
to be alive and to be free.  



On this date thirteen years ago there was great suffering and
loss.  So many families lost loved ones forever.  The future
looked so uncertain.



I am grateful to wake up to a sunny morning.
Happy to enjoy my morning tea.  
Happy to be free ...




Yet remembering those who lost their lives on that
tragic day thirteen years ago.  My heart and my
prayers go out to the families of those victims.

Our freedom and peace are so very precious.
Let us all be thankful for the blessed lives we live.

Tablescape Thursday
Home Sweet Home
Feathering Your Nest
Show and Tell
Pink Saturday

Big Texas Hugs,
Susan and Bentley

12 comments:

  1. I am sure that people all over the Western World are reflecting today. Your photos of a serene and peaceful scene are beautiful illustrations for a post of thanksgiving.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for remembering - we should never forget.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful pictures to go with lovely thoughts.... we have so much to be thankful for. Thank you for sharing this.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful Post.Love the table near the window.One can enjoy their morning coffee there.Love sujatha..:)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I commented to my husband this morning that it seems like it was forever ago, and also, just yesterday - all at the same time...

    ReplyDelete
  6. We are very blessed to be born in this country. God bless America!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love America, an as others feel we are blessed to live in this wonderful country. I have to say I have been on pins and needles all day , scared that something horrible would happen. With the state of the world and the things going on in the Middle East, it makes me wonder and stay apprehensive about the safety of our country.

    ReplyDelete
  8. My dad joined the army at a very young age. He saw some unspeakable atrocities. He shared very little of it with my sister & I as we were growing up. The little he did talk about it made me very sad that he had to witness that to maintain our rights & freedoms. I pray for peace for all people & I'm very thankful for all I have & the rights & freedoms that I enjoy. God bless those who suffered that tragic event. God bless us all. Thank you for sharing your lovely photos as always & for making us pause to remember.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I agree completely and still say prayers for all the families. My son was in the Navy and we are all so blessed to live in such a great country. How are you and Bentley doing in Texas?Is it as hot there 104 as it is here today? will it ever cool down?Susie

    ReplyDelete
  10. Beautiful tribute post! Thanks for joining HSH!

    ReplyDelete

Oliver and I LOVE and read every comment.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...