Saturday, April 25, 2015

Flash News!


The flash news is ~ no flashes!  We had a thunderstorm last night and one
this morning too, but for the moment we are flash free.  Hooray!

I have noticed that I am starting to get through these storms more easily.
If I stay distracted I don't panic so much.  Last night I was talking on the 
phone with a fellow blogger and I was enjoying the chat so much that I
hardly noticed the thunderstorm.  When we finished our lengthy and fun 
chat, David asked me if I noticed the thunderstorm.  I told him that I did
but I didn't sweat it because it was a small one.  He laughed and said no,
it was actually a fairly big storm.  



I was both surprised and pleased.  Apparently I am becoming better
acclimated.  That's a good thing!  I am so proud of myself I am going
to treat myself and go to our library this afternoon and check out some
books I have been wanting to read.  Maybe a trip to Hobby Lobby too ;-)
I'll do it in between the raindrops.  Notice I am not mentioning
thunder and lightning lol.



That's the good news for this morning.  After so many days of being stuck
in the house with nothing to do but think, i.e. no blogging etc, I have
come to the conclusion that I need a drama free life.  I am going to do the best
I can to stay focused on the good things.  So here is another good thing to
share with y'all this morning ….  We  have had so much rain that we have
not had to turn on the sprinklers!  The reservoirs, lakes and streams are full.
Actually, our Guadalupe River has been at and above flood stage several times 
but I am not complaining because we used to be in a drought.  

See that?  Flash free and well watered trees, lawn and garden.  There's
always a silver lining if we just look for it.  Have a happy Saturday
y'all.  Here comes the rain again.  Praise the Lord!

Oh and what is Bentley doing right now?  Napping with his daddy.

Big Texas Hugs,
Susan and Bentley

13 comments:

  1. Less anxiety; less drama; less sprinklers----good things.
    I'm happy for you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Less drama is what we all need. Have a happy weekend!

      Delete
  2. HI Susan! Glad you're making it through the thunderstorms. I too like the idea of less anxiety! Sprinklers? Oh, I forgot about those things! :) Ha, our snow just melted about a week ago! I'm ready to dig in the dirt if it will just warm up a bit. Well, that rain has certainly made your property look beautiful and lush! :O Have fun on your little outing.
    Be a sweetie,
    Shelia ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Just remember Shelia ~ good things come in May and it's right around the corner! Thanks for stopping by my Texas at heart friend.

      Delete
  3. Congrats, Susan! Distraction is a great idea. Let the less worried folks watch the weather and warn us when it's time to worry. And I love your idea of looking for the positive. People joke about the Pollyannas in the world, but I'd rather be a Pollyanna any day! It's so much better to look for the good in everything. Not denying reality. Just not letting it rule my life, ya know?

    Your yard looks very happy!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So true! I need to quit looking at the weather radar. I'm working on it ~ honest I am :-) Have a fun Saturday Kimberly!

      Delete
  4. OK! Now the solution is fairly simple in relation to the lightning flashes. Just call your blogging friend and talk through the storm! Easy solution! LOL

    Judy

    ReplyDelete
  5. HI Susan, AT the beginning of this post, I thought it was Bentley that was frightened of the thunder. One of my daughter's remember a big earthquake we were in when we lived in Ca. and there was a thunder storm, so she always equates thunder with earthquakes. Glad it didn't rattle you. Hope you have a great weekend, I know Ca. would love that rain too.
    Hugs, Noreen

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My hubby and I were just talking about the drought in Cali this afternoon. Maybe I should take a trip out west because the rain seems to follow me. Always looking for an excuse to visit California :-)

      Delete
  6. I am so glad, Susan. It is a terrible thing to be afraid and try to live with that fear. Plus, it is nothing you can avoid...like a person that is afraid of flying can avoid that...but you can't avoid thunderstorms.
    Hope you have another flash-free day. xo Diana

    ReplyDelete

Oliver and I LOVE and read every comment.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...