Wednesday, October 7, 2015

What's Up on Wednesday


As always, I have lots of things going on all at once, but I decided to
take a short break and fill y'all in on what I have been reading lately.
I purchased Ricky Lauren's book The Hamptons from an ebay shop
where all the proceeds go to charity.  This is a great book filled with
wonderful family recipes and as one would expect from the wife of
Ralph Lauren, beautiful photos as well.  I have gleaned lots of great
ideas for tablescapes for this book!




Of course I had to use my new teapot.  Did I need another teapot?  No I
certainly did not.  Did I want this particular teapot?  Well yes indeed I did!
I am in love with this teapot!!!




I make great use of our local library and checked out Susan Branch's 
A Fine Romance.  I loved every page filled with wonderful pictures
and travels through the English countryside.  I have to return it, but
I will be purchasing my own copy because this book is one I know I
will refer to again and again.  Charming ~ just like Susan Branch.



I have just started Elin Hilderbrand's  Beautiful Day.  I discovered her
novels several years ago and have now read most of them which always
take place on Nantucket.  I tend to reserve novels like this one for summer 
reading, but I'm flying through the pages of this one and enjoying it.

So that's what's up for this Wednesday.  I have a new iPhone that takes
great videos and is I believe going to make it much easier to upload
videos onto YouTube.  I have a YouTube channel that I have not uploaded
to since moving to Texas.  Once I get this back up and running I will
let y'all know.  I thought it might be fun to take y'all along with Bentley
and me as we go on walks and visit neighborhoods and shops and more.

Big Texas Hugs,
Susan and Bentley


11 comments:

  1. Your new teapot is so pretty! Sometimes we just need something we love to perk us up. I read all of Elin Hilderbrand's novels also. I love the Nantucket location in her books.
    hugs,
    Linda

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Susan. I don't blame you for loving that pretty teapot. Never thought of looking at my library for Susan Branch's book...thanks for that idea.

    I just sent you an email so be on the lookout. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'd love to join you on your walks!
    Brenda

    ReplyDelete
  4. Susan- That is such a pretty teapot. It makes me think of toile and I just decided to day to cut into some red and white toile I have and make some pillows. I have to check out a copy of Lauren's book- I bet it is fabulous.
    Can't wait to go along on your walks! xo Diana

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love walking and this is perfect weather to walk! Sounds like a great book and I so need to get back to reading. I'd love the teapot too, its so pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I need a new teapot! Yours is very pretty! I've never read anything by Elin Hilderbrand. I will check out her books..thanks for the recommendation. Also, Susan Branch's book sounds pretty interesting.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love Susan Branch, have been reading her blog for a while now. I don't know why I didn't think of checking her books out from my little Mill Creek library. I love going to the library. I'm currently reading "Somewhere Safe with Somebody Good" by Jan Karon. Thanks to my 2 sons I own the whole Mitford series including a signed copy. She writes lovely feel good stories. She also wrote a very nice cookbook. I love your new teapot, anything with birds makes me happy.

    ReplyDelete
  8. How exciting! Looking forward to seeing you and Bentley on youtube. Hurry..Hurry

    ReplyDelete
  9. Looking forward to walking with you and Bentley!! Also love the teapot......I have the exact same one only in blue!! Love the detail around the lid.........

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love your teapot...I have lots of red and white transferware, but alas no birdy teapot.
    FYI Our Tuesday Morning store has a bunch of Susan Branch note pad sets. If you like her stuff, you might check them out!!
    Blessings,
    J

    ReplyDelete
  11. I have written down all three books as they really appeal to me. I have a once month break from school coming up in December and I can't wait!
    Have a wonderful weekend!

    ReplyDelete

Oliver and I LOVE and read every comment.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...