Friday, June 22, 2018

Sharing Summer Recipes


Today starts the first weekend of summer.  Time to start thinking about
menus and recipes for the hot, sultry, evenings ahead.  Hopefully the 
smoker outside will be command central rather than the kitchen.
I am always hunting for new ways to marinate chicken and beef.
David doesn't like fish.  That's a real shame since we live on the 
Texas Gulf coast where fresh fish and large shrimp are plentiful.
I still plan to grill some shrimp, even if it's just for me.



I am going through cookbooks, back issues of Southern Living magazine, 
and scouring the internet for new ideas.  


I would like to keep things fresh, fun and flavorful.
So, I was thinking, let's start a recipe sharing post each week.
Let us know what new things you have tried and what your
family enjoys.



Starting next Friday, I will start posting some of our summertime 
favorites and new recipes too.  I hope y'all will join in and keep the
party going!

Big Texas Hugs,
Susan and Bentley

6 comments:

  1. Man, I will probably not be any help. Hubby does 90% of the cooking around here. Meat is always grilled. We have maybe 20 days of rain a year, and he's grilling otherwise or we are having leftover grilled meat. But I do have a couple of salad recipes I'll dig up soon. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. That sounds like a good idea, Susan. I have a simple recipe for a strawberry pie that is SOOO easy. I will post it next week.
    There is a "fix" on my blog that seems to be working for those No Reply comments if you want to check it out. It is working for several of us-comments are coming into our email accts again.
    Have a great weekend- xo Diana

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds like fun. Yes, need recipes that don't need to be cooked on the stove or in the oven. I need so good salad recipes. HELP!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That's such a great idea. I'm always looking for new recipes!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Charleston Receipts! What a classic! This is a great idea. I'll look forward to your posts!

    ReplyDelete

Oliver and I LOVE and read every comment.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...