Sunday, June 17, 2018

Sure Do Miss My Daddy!


Dear Daddy,

There is not a day that goes by that I do not think of you.  You were a strict daddy,
but a fun one too.  You purposely changed the words in all my favorite bedtime
stories to keep me guessing.  You helped me build forts and put a hardwood 
floor down in my backyard tent.  Is it any wonder that I grew up to be an
interior designer.  

You watched all the old scary movies with me on TV.  Back then, they
were not all that scary, so we giggled through most of them.  

When you and mommy had a cocktail in the evening, you made me
my own non-alcoholic one with ginger ale and a cherry in one of
mommy's champagne glasses.  I felt so grown up!

You built a big igloo in our front yard for me and all the kids in 
the neighborhood after a big snowfall.

You taught me to love and appreciate history and the lessons it
teaches us.   Your love of ancient Egypt instilled that same passion
in me.  In college I went on to study Art History and took many
classes in ancient philosophy.  

You set boundaries that I now appreciate, while encouraging me to
explore and grow.  You always told me that I could achieve anything
I set my mind to, and being a girl did not mean I couldn't 
accomplish me goals.

Happy Father's Day, dear Daddy.  Thank you for everything!

Big Texas Hugs,
Susan and Bentley

3 comments:

  1. I know what you mean, Susan. I miss mine, too. Yours sounds like a wonderful man.

    ReplyDelete
  2. My Dad has been gone 7 years now. To this day, I still miss him so much. So, I know, Susan, how you feel. We have the memories, which help a little.

    ReplyDelete

Oliver and I LOVE and read every comment.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...