Thursday, June 28, 2018

Where Has Susan Disappeared To???


No, I have not been playing in my She Shed :-)  I have actually been 
writing my book.  I promised my Mama that I would get it done, and
although she never saw it's fruition in her lifetime,  I certainly want to
get it finished in her memory, and Daddy's too!

Writing a book is all consuming.  It's hard to focus on much else.
Scheduling is tough too.  A writer hides out in their own little world,
and few understand that kind of solitude.  Some people think I am
a hermit, a loner.  I would say they are partially correct.  I actually
enjoy my own company.  That's not all of it though.  I have to spend
time alone to get into my character's heads.  

Little interruptions during the day disturb the cadence.  Charlie, who
sprays for mosquitos outside.  The plumber.  John who sprays the
inside and outside of the house to keep the roaches away.  You 
should see the size of the tree roaches in the street when Bentley
and I take our nightly walk!  David texting from work because he
wants me to research something.  The normal kind of interruptions 
of life that are typically acceptable, become major ones for 
a writer deep in thought.  

I could write late at night and then sleep during the day, but I 
don't think that will work for me.  I have been faithfully getting
in a workout everyday and I now sleep very soundly all through
the night.  No more insomnia!  So now that I have a good
sleeping pattern established, I hate to disrupt it.  So I grab
parts of the day to work, but my routine is not yet firmly
established.  

If it seems as though I am ignoring you, well, I am.  If I 
chatted with you all of the time I would never get any work
done.  Forgive me.  I still love you and have not forgotten you.
At the moment I am trying to make everything run smoothly.
It will, I promise, it will.  Then I'll be back and we can have
lots of long chats.  In the meantime, there will be little
chats about what is ever floating around my mind.

Big Texas Hugs,
Susan and Bentley

5 comments:

  1. Good luck with finishing your book. We'll all be looking forward to reading it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You're right and I agree with every single word you said. I'm working on mine too, knowing how much mom and dad would love it. Between all the interruptions of the day it's hard to find time to finish research and writing and proofing and editing and then rewriting... I'm hoping time at the cottage alone will keep me disciplined if I don't fall too much into watercolor or the lake!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good luck with this endeavor!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am so pleased that you are back to writing your book. Did my comment about a month ago asking about it spark your renewed writing. I'm sure you were writing on it all this time, but I would love to think my asking you about it has something to do with you giving all your time to finishing it so that we can buy and read it ourselves. Write on.......I can hardly wait!!!! Jill

    ReplyDelete

Oliver and I LOVE and read every comment.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...