Friday, July 6, 2018

It's My Mama's Three Bean Salad Recipe


I miss my Mama and Daddy every day.  One of the ways I bring them
closer is to do things, and cook things from my childhood.  One of 
those dishes is Mama's Three Bean Salad.  She loved it, in fact, she
loved to marinate cooked veggies of all kinds.  While this particular
salad is old fashioned, and I would probably put a new twist on it,
I am sticking to her style today.  It could not be any easier!




1 can Wax Beans, drained
1 can Green Beans, drained
1 can Kidney Beans, rinsed and drained
1/2 thinly sliced sweet onion
1/4 cup canola oil
1/4 cup red wine vinegar
pinch of sugar
Salt to taste

Mama was not a big fan of pepper, so she rarely used it.
Toss all the ingredients together in a pyrex or stainless bowl.
Cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate for several hours.





I transferred the salad to one of Mama's crystal bowls.  Toss the
salad before serving, and plate on some pretty salad dishes.
I feel closer to Mama already!

What favorite salads do you remember from your childhood?

I have a new post up on my dollhouse miniatures blog today.
I have not posted there for ages, but for those of you who
love minis, you can visit it here.  Happy Friday everyone!


Big Texas Hugs,
Susan and Bentley

10 comments:

  1. If it is as tasty as your corn salad it will be a hit!

    ReplyDelete
  2. As long as there was cucumber i would eat all salads.
    Merle.......

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks great this salad, dear friend. Thanks for sharing, I love it !
    Happy weekend.
    Fabby

    ReplyDelete
  4. Can't wait to try this! I made a five bean salad last week & it was delicious!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is exactly my recipe that I have been making for years and it is simply delish. Thanks for sharing your mama's.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Food and family recipes are such an awesome way to remember the blessings of the past! ♥

    ReplyDelete
  7. I've been thinking about the olden day's type salads and wondering how to make them. Wondering if you remember the cucumber salads they used to make too?

    ReplyDelete
  8. One of my favorites.. Would make this when we went camping..Altho, I enjoyed it more than the husband, he did eat it too.Gotta make it again, have not had it in a while. Thanks for the refresher course...

    ReplyDelete
  9. This was my mother's recipe too. Love it and the memories. Thanks for taking me down memory lane.

    ReplyDelete

Oliver and I LOVE and read every comment.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...