Monday, August 13, 2018

Scenes From My Romantic Guest Room



This room has turned out to be quite romantic.  With the exception of
a very few elements, like this new pillow, most things are either 
antiques, or very vintage.




This room is filled with light and love and memories.



This is not to everyone's taste, and is certainly not a room
that is on trend, but it's charming to me.



I wanted this room to be elegant, without being too stiff.



I think that the combination of the florals and plaids give it
a friendly feeling.



Built in shelves filled with antique tea and demitasse cups.



A miniature desk that could very well be visited by a fairy.




A hand knotted Persian carpet that I spent hours haggling 
over with a Bahraini carpet salesman.  He swore he would
never come back to deal with me again, but of course he
did, and my persistence paid off in the end. 

This carpet also has a special meaning for me.  It was one
of the very few things that the firemen were able to save when
my townhouse in Houston was struck by lightning and burned
to the ground years ago.  Fortunately, a very fine carpet 
cleaner was able to clean off layers of ash and soot, and a 
couple to burn marks are hardly noticeable.    I think it's 
perfect in this room.




An antique icon from Italy that belonged to my parents. 




There is a second one on the end table next to the love seat.




This is a very vintage love seat with a slipcover.  It's shabby and 
really quite comfy too.



Love these nesting tables.




My Mama's Italian jewel box and a hand painted bowl and dish that
Daddy brought back from Japan.




This is the top of the mirror over the dresser.   Mom and Daddy purchased 
this mirror from an estate sale at a Chicago hotel.  The mirror is well
over 100 years old and that is real gold leaf.




A photo of my very first Yorkie, Bitterman.  Always in our hearts.
I hope you enjoyed this scenes as much as I enjoyed showing
them to you.


Big Texas Hugs,
Susan and Bentley

21 comments:

  1. Susan, I've never seen a single spot in your home that didn't strike me as beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Susan! Your guest room is so charming - I love the mix of color and patterns especially. I love the pic of your sweet Bitterman. Jane

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ah, Susan, very beautiful. Gives me motivation to finish decorating my guest room. Thanks for sharing. Love your blog!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful round tray!

    I cannot imagine haggling over a carpet. When were you in Bahrain?

    ReplyDelete
  5. BEAUTIFUL THINGS WERE THE THINGS THAT WERE YOUR PARENTS ALSO SAVED FROM THE FIRE?OR DID YOU GET THEM LATTER?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I inherited things from my parents more recently. The fire that destroyed my townhouse happened years earlier when I lived in Houston. My parents were living in Arizona at the time. They never lost anything.

      Delete
  6. So delicate and feminine! Absolutely beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  7. It is a very beautiful room, it reminds me of a charming English cottage. It is just lovely and so peaceful and relaxing.

    Constance

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is not necessarily what I would consider my style but I really love everything about this room. So lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  9. It's all so lovely, Susan and I love that it is filled with your meaningful treasures. xo Laura

    ReplyDelete
  10. The room is beautifully done, Susan, and so tasteful. I'd be so happy to be a guest there and would love if the fairies visited that darling desk. I would never want to leave! The room does look like it belongs in a cottage....well, I guess it does...Ash Tee Cottage!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love all your details. I just want to curl up with a book and live in there.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oooo--I want to be a guest! Everything in this room calls to me. Maybe we're not on trend but it's nice to find another friendly soul.

    ReplyDelete

Oliver and I LOVE and read every comment.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...