Wednesday, August 22, 2018

We Love Our Dogs!


I am proud to say that I am genetically predisposed to love dogs.
I have dog loving DNA!  

At the age of 5, Mama and Daddy brought home a puppy.  It
was a Scottie puppy named Bonnie.  Back then, while most of our
friends and neighbors had dogs, I don't think that society in general
was as crazy about dogs as we are today.  It's hard to sell a product
on television without a dog prominently featured somewhere.  Our
family was the exception.  We were crazy about our dogs.  They were
never "just" dogs, they were important members of the family.




I grew up listening to stories about all my Daddy's beloved dogs.
It wasn't just my Daddy who was crazy about them, everyone was.




Going through old family albums I see family members from several
generations ago with their dogs.  The beloved canine family members
went to the beach with them and on picnics.  They posed proudly in
family portraits around the Christmas tree.




It makes me wonder if there is a genetic marker for dog loving.
If there is, I certainly inherited it!

Big Texas Hugs,
Susan and Bentley

2 comments:

  1. Thank you for sharing the precious pictures of your family and fur kids. I am an animal lover and this just has made my day brighter.

    Blessings,
    Constance

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have that dog-luvin' gene too. We have had 3 Scotties and they are just The Best Ever!! Hugs to Bentley.

    ReplyDelete

Oliver and I LOVE and read every comment.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...