Friday, August 29, 2014

Best of Ash Tree Cottage ~ Fairy Garden


Labor Day Weekend starts for us in a couple of hours.  Hopefully,
we will be able to enjoy three full days without any interruption.
Often my husband gets called away on an emergency on
weekends and we are keeping our fingers crossed that everything 
will be calm until Tuesday.  So, in order to make the most of the
precious time we have together, I will not be posting until 
Monday.  In the meantime, I am leaving you with pictures from
some of my favorite posts over the last several years.


So let's begin with my fairy garden and a visit to Tinkerbell Cottage












This was one of my favorite projects.  I built the little 
fairy cottage out of twigs I found in the yard.  I carefully
snipped them to be the siding of the cottage.  The roof
underlayment was heavy cardboard and it was covered in
pine cone segments.  The whole fairy garden was 
laid out in an old whiskey barrel which sat at the 
entry to the back porch of our house in Idaho.
I hope to make another one this coming fall.

Next post will be another fairy garden scene ~
the fairy campground.


Have lot's of fun!

Big Texas Hugs,
Susan and Bentley






7 comments:

  1. Love the fairy gardens! I hope you have a stress free and quiet weekend.
    Brenda

    ReplyDelete
  2. G'day and thanks for sharing at the #SayGdayParty! Love fairy gardens! Pinned!
    Please make sure to stop by if you haven't already and visit some other people also attending the party and would be great if you could answer one of my questions or two! Thank you! Cheers! Joanne @What's On The List

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, your fairy garden is magical. I think it is the most charming of hobbies. A grown-ups version of child's play...with sophistication. I made one a couple of years ago and put it in front of my shop. Some people from the bar next door put their cigarettes out in it. I firmly believe in the power of play as a revitalizing pastime and I just found a new roof and am looking for a house now...but I'll put it in the back within my fence! Hope you will always share these with your readers.

    ReplyDelete
  4. this is the sweetest thing I've ever seen, you attention to detail is amazing!! Just looking at it magically transports you to another land full of magic!
    Jenna

    ReplyDelete
  5. A lovely little garden. I never heard of fairy gardens until I started blogging - it's amazing what you learn in this space.

    Diana

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a sweet little garden any fairy would be happy to live there.
    Merle...............

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love Fairy gardens and yours is absolutely beautiful!

    ReplyDelete

Oliver and I LOVE and read every comment.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...