Tuesday, September 29, 2015

My Equestrian Style


If you come to visit me, the one thing you can't help but notice as
you walk through the rooms of my house is my love for horses.  This
love is reflected in many corners and in various ways.  



From a little bar set up on an antique commode in the family room
decorated with a vintage horse print and a very old shot glass with
a horse's head on the side.




To the horse brasses hanging on the wall.  Horse brasses became
popular in England during the reign of Elizabeth the First.



You can learn more about collecting these basses here




Equestrian scenes depicted on toile.




Hunt masters and horses tucked into bookshelves.




And hanging on walls.



On the antique gate leg table in the entry way.




On tables and ….


In hutches.




It's part of who I am.



Bentley ~ I bet you know what your mama will be looking out
for at the Round Top Antique show!

Big Texas Hugs,
Susan and Bentley



22 comments:

  1. All so elegant, classy and comfortable. Just like you, sweet sister!
    xoxo,
    Me

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love it! I have come to visit from Savvy Southern Style, so happy to have found you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I really like it! A warm and comfortable yet classy feel to it. Love the plaid flask?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Cathy! Yes, that is a tartan flask. I bought it several years ago while my husband was looking for new golf clubs. Sometimes I find great home accessories at golf shops.

      Delete
  5. I love equestrian too! Your figurines, brasses, and toile pillow are all so nice! Sheila

    ReplyDelete
  6. I was only on a horse once. And when I got off it stepped on my foot. I said never again!
    Brenda

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Too bad you didn't give it another try. Not all horses have bad manners.

      Delete
  7. Just lovely!!! I adore your equestrian figurines...too darn cute!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Susan, I like your equestrian vignettes. Each one beautiful! I have the same fox figure that is by that adorable Limoges box. ;-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Isn't it darling? My mother-in-law brought me that for our home when David and I were living in an adorable farmhouse built before the Civil War in the Hunt Country of Virginia. It was in their family, but she thought it belonged with us. I treasure mine as I am sure you do yours.

      Delete
  9. I love horses, Susan, and I absolutely love everything here! Beautiful photos! :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. We have similar tastes. For whatever reason, I have loved "Hunt"-theme items as far back as I can remember. I have a teapot, various figurines, a Limoges box, and have been slowly collecting the Staffordshire china with hunt scenes. Lovely pictures here, Susan. I would love to go shopping with you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My love for the equestrian style began when I started riding horses as a young girl. I was at the stable every day and rode in lots of horse shows. It was my passion and I am anxious to start again.

      Delete
  11. This is all so lovely, Susan! I hadn't heard of horse brasses before...what a great collectible!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They are indeed a great collectible. Thanks for stopping by Linda!

      Delete

Oliver and I LOVE and read every comment.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...