Monday, May 25, 2020

Honoring Our Troops Past and Present


I just finished reading the Splendid and the Vile by Erik Larson.
Excellent read, and I highly recommend it to any lover of history
and Winston Churchill.  I am an admitted Anglophile, and a 
great lover of our country as well.  This book is about the 
horrors endured by the British citizens, and Winston
Churchill's steadfast defense of his nation.  It is also about the
bond between our two nations and how our continued pursuit
for freedom is shared.  Without the strength and courage of our
US troops, we would all be living in a very different world.  A
world we would not like, devoid of the freedoms and 
opportunities we all enjoy.

Today we thank and honor all the courageous service men and
women both past and present who devote themselves to 
preserving our rights to life, liberty and the pursuit of
happiness.

THANK YOU!

Love,
Susan and Oliver

6 comments:

  1. Nice post Susan. We live in the best country in the world and it is because of all of those men and women that gave up their lives for our freedom. They are all heros. Hope you had a great Memorial day. Hugs to little Oliver. Such a cutie.
    Kris

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Kris! I agree with everything you said! I will deliver a hug to Oliver from you too.

      Delete
  2. Love your hutch decor! And I am on-hold for the book you just read; it sounded so good after I looked it up. I hadn't heard of it and after reading your blog, I looked up the book and put a hold on it at my local library - can't wait to read it. And God bless all who gave the ultimate for our freedom; may we always remember their bravery and honor them all.

    ReplyDelete

Oliver and I LOVE and read every comment.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...