Friday, May 8, 2020

Favorites in My Living Room


I have spent so much time at home these past few months that I
have spent more time fluffing the cottage and enjoying it's various
nooks and crannies.  I love my living room because of it's bright
and cheerful yellow walls, and for the sunlight filled mornings
because of its eastern exposure.  It's a good place to sit and read
too.  


I really have a passion for vintage books.  I love their decorative
spines and covers.  Whenever I come across one in an antique or
thrift shop I just can't pass it up.  I have never appreciated 
displaying books with their spines facing the back of a bookcase.
I suppose I dislike that trend because I love to see what others 
are reading.  




Here is a collection of dog photos of beloved companions who
are no longer with me.  I love seeing their little faces, and each one
has special memories for me.




The toile on this chair is just perfection.  I have two of them in this
fabric, the style of each chair is slightly different.  This one has
fully upholstered arms.



This one does not.



A desk filled with sentimental treasures.




And a lamp full of whimsey.

Staying at home during this pandemic is not always fun, but I take
comfort in appreciating the things I have in nooks and crannies that
make me smile and say "this is home".

It's Friday afternoon.  Let's make it a good weekend filled with
memorable moments.

Love,
Susan and Oliver





9 comments:

  1. Wow! I have the same slip covers that are in the first picture. I too, enjoy cottage style. One of my friends once told me my house is cozy and my style is that of and old college professor,busy and with this and that tucked into every nook and cranny...I took that as and absolute compliment!
    Best!
    Lucy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That was a wonderful compliment! I love the "old college professor" look too!!

      Delete
  2. I'm glad you are back. Missed you

    ReplyDelete
  3. The red toile chair and the pillow are my favorites.

    Thanks for the sweet comment on my post.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love the chairs too. Toile is a favorite of mine.

      Delete
  4. Oh that was fun! Thanks for sharing, it's so interesting to see these little glimpses. I enjoy doing the same thing around my house. That's the charming intimacy of a home well loved and a real place of refuge for the soul. very grateful for this reminder.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Our homes are our places of refuge, especially now.

      Delete
  5. I seldom comment but alwasy love seeing photos of your home. Our styles are similar. I don't want my books turned backwards because it's a ridiculous idea!

    ReplyDelete
  6. My Name is Paula James from Canada, i turn to a vampire any time i want to, I become a real vampire because of how people treat me, This world is a wicked world and not fair to any body. At the snack of my finger things are made happened. Am now a powerful vampire and no one step on me without an apology goes free. I turn to human being also at any time i want to. And am one of the most dreaded and respected person in my country. i am now also very famous and rich with the help of the VAMPIRES EMPIRE. i get what ever a want. i become a vampire through the help of my friend who introduce me into a vampire Kingdom by given me their email: jamessuccessfultemple45@gmail.com, if you want to become a powerful and a real vampire kindly contact the vampire kingdom on their email: jamessuccessfultemple45@gmail.com for help. it is real. Contact them today. jamessuccessfultemple45@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete

Oliver and I LOVE and read every comment.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...