Monday, May 11, 2020

Opening Up Sweet Tea Cottage


Until yesterday, the doors to my Sweet Tea Cottage had been closed since
last fall.  I had planned to have it all decorated for Christmas, but then I
became ill and spent 45 days in the hospital, and Christmas never happened
for me.  

I wasn't sure what I would face when I went inside, so I let David take
a peek and see if everything was fine.  My big concern was that a
snake may have taken up residence, but no snakes thank goodness.
Every thing was just fine!




It is so good to get back into this little cottage.  It's like a vintage 
playhouse for grown ups ~ and that would be me!  




It was such a beautiful day yesterday, so I opened up the windows to give everything 
a good airing.  I noticed that the windows need to be cleaned, but somehow the little
windows are more fun to clean than the big ones on our house.  Dusting is more
fun in a little cottage too.  It's more like playing.




I have been thinking about what to do about the interior walls.  I finally
decided to wall paper the walls and paint the supporting beams white.
I found a vintage looking wallpaper I love and ordered it online
yesterday.  The weather has been so lovely that this will be a good
time to get going on that project before the heat returns to 
South Texas.  Oh, and I also found a red and white check rug for
the floor.  It's so cute!  Can't wait to show you!




So that's it for the interior.  I started doing some clean up around
the little garden outside of the cottage.  I was very pleased to see
that many of the plants survived the winter, including most of my 
herbs.  I purchased some ground cover roses, a first for me of that
variety, and plan to get them into the ground today.  I'll keep you
posted.

Have a wonderful Monday!

Love,
Susan and Oliver

8 comments:

  1. It is so good to hear from you again and so glad to hear you are well and thinking about your little cottage.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It so nice seeing your little cottage once again. We all are children at heart. I love playing with my doll collection. Happy that you are feeling better and enjoying your little home cottage
    Today I planted flower seeds and cut all the dead branches off of the chrysanthemums. The first time they have bloomed with their green leaves.
    Have fun and hello to Oliver.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You little tea cottage is adorable. Glad you are feeling better.
    Hope little Oliver is adjusting well to his new family.
    Have a great new week.
    Kris

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Kris! Oliver is right at home. He keeps us constantly amused and is such a little sweetheart too. I am
      having fun with my little cottage. The wallpaper is on its way, and the rug is too. So excited!

      Delete
  4. What an adorable collection and sweet place to visit, and have a cup of whatever. These days, maybe a good belt or a glass of wine...LOL. But just so much fun!

    ReplyDelete

Oliver and I LOVE and read every comment.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...