Monday, September 9, 2013

Just a Few Table Top Tweaks


I finally have the last of the packing boxes out of the kitchen and 
the dinette.  Now comes the playing around of furniture and 
accessories.  Should the scale go here or here?  Y'all know what
I am talking about.  The way something was arranged in one
home may not work in the next.  Perhaps you just want a 
different look this time.  It's all about playing house.



Do I hang that "old bears" sign that I have had in our kitchen since we
were first married or is it time to say bye to bears?  Well it may all
depend on just how sentimental I am feeling.




I have lots of old copper pieces that have not found a home yet, 
but have been freshly polished by my meticulous Mom.  

The dinette area is where we will have all of our everyday meals.
I want the look to be cozy and intimate.  Nothing too stiff.  The room 
currently has dark paneling below the chair rail and I do want to 
paint that white to brighten up the room.  


You can see what I am talking about.  The paneling is too 
dark for the look I want, so it will get painted as soon as I
have the time.  Don't know where I will put that French market
basket yet, but I will figure it out.



At the moment I am just happy to be able to walk around 
without having to maneuver around packing boxes!  Now I 
can have fun creating tablescapes in the dinette.  Ah the
simple pleasures of life.  


Happily Joining ~


Bentley is going to take you on another neighborhood
tour tomorrow.  Don't miss it!

Big Hugs,
Susan and Bentley


13 comments:

  1. It is coming together.......My son and his family just moved from Colorado to Ohio. Watching them get settled I can relate. Every time I stop by something is in a different place, hah. It's a good way to start something new, a clean slate.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are making great progress, Susan. I know you are having fun "playing house". That's the best part of moving, unpacking your things and getting them settled. Have fun! ~ sarah

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks precious, Susan! You're really making progress.
    Be a sweetie,
    Shelia ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love that Farm Life sign! Glad you can walk around without bumping into boxes, that's got to be a great achievement.

    Mary

    ReplyDelete
  5. I adore that red and white chicken sign of yours. Where did you get it?
    Brenda

    ReplyDelete
  6. I also love that red and white chicken sign. You know how much I love chickens/roosters. I know you are glad to get those boxes out of the way. I would also paint the brown wood white will brighten up the eating area.
    Have a great week.
    Mary

    ReplyDelete
  7. Everything is looking so good! Your little vignettes look darling. I painted the half paneling in my kitchen many years ago and it made such a difference. That big basket would look fabulous hanging on the wall full of dried hydranges. Keep up the good work!

    Judy

    ReplyDelete
  8. It looks like you are settling in quite nicely. Now it is time to play ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  9. It's looking good. Hope your having fun finding spots for everything.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Yay, Susan - let the decorating begin!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

    So glad things are starting to settle for you all.

    ReplyDelete
  11. How cute everything is coming together.
    I love that you are having fun.
    We are about to move and I am going for a totally different look...the house we are moving into dictates a different kind of decor and i am really looking forward to seeing what I can come up with that makes me happy. So many things that I've had sooo long (remember, I am very olden and so is a lot of my "stuf"...:) and I am ready for newer, more "with it" things to surround us with.
    Altho I am not big on CHANGE...some changes are good things. :)
    You are doing great on getting your place all together...and I think you will love the paneling WHITE.:)

    ReplyDelete
  12. You have some really cute/unique pieces! Love it all. That chair rail will be fabulous painted white... like a french farmhouse!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Best of luck with your new home Susan! Have fun:@)

    ReplyDelete

Oliver and I LOVE and read every comment.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...