Sunday, September 4, 2011

Farmhouse Primitives



It's a cool crisp morning here in Idaho ~ but I'm thinking about
my great grandparent's farm in Pennsylvania.  



Homespun and saltware.



An old earthenware jug that was from that farm and old
baskets too.




Something is so comforting about primitives.




An Amish quilt stitched with love.




Lovely redware dishes that were a hostess gift from an old 
family friend who grew up in Pennsylvania.  She died last fall and
I miss her.

Cool crisp mornings make me think of hearth and home, family
and friends.

I am joining ~


Bentley and I wish you a happy and safe Labor Day Weekend!

Hugs,
Susan and Bentley

12 comments:

  1. Love all your primitive treasures, Susan...they make me think of fall, too. With the rain, our temperatures went down to the 70's so it's quite cool here, too.

    Hope you are having a great weekend!

    XO,
    Jane

    ReplyDelete
  2. You certainly have some beautiful primitive pieces. There's something about the Fall and Winter seasons that bring this primitive side out in me. I bring out the pieces I have and use them to decorate for these seasons.
    Thank you for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Susan,
    What a warm and lovely post! I work a few primitives in with the shabby as I, too, love them.
    The colors certainly say "fall" to me and I can just smell an apple pie in the oven...
    Jil

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Susan and Bentley, Loved seeing your primitives-simply beautiful and scream fall.
    Have a delightful day.
    Noreen

    ReplyDelete
  5. Happy Labor Day Susan, hope you and Bentley have a fun one:@)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful primitive treasures. I have a love of old crocks and jugs and baskets. It's so nice that you still have these antique family pieces. Thanks for sharing.
    Babs

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love the blues and whites. They do say "country" to me. Very charming. I am sorry to hear about your friend. I can imagine how much you do miss her.
    Blessings and hugs~

    ReplyDelete
  8. Such beautiful pieces. Thanks for being a part of Seasonal Sundays.

    - The Tablescape

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oooh, I Iove your slipware!! And the pretty blue crockery too.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Farmhouse and prims... two words that make this gals heart flutter. I love your blue and white but so special to have things passed down from a kitchen you once loved.

    ReplyDelete

Oliver and I LOVE and read every comment.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...