Wednesday, September 21, 2011

S & B's Stress Relief Part 2


I woke up at 4:30 am and tossed and turned.  Could not get back
to sleep.  Why?  My mind was racing.  




I started to get frantic about everything I need to do today.
Sometimes there is just too much going on, and sometimes (often) I am
just too tough on myself.  



So I made a cup of tea and sat down to start going though my emails to make
sure that I had not missed something important.  1500 messages in my inbox!

Suddenly it occurred to me ~ my mind is just like my inbox, cluttered with
messages ... some important, and many are not so important.



So  I cleared out the not so important messages ~ just dumped them in the trash.
I'm doing the same thing with those unimportant thoughts in my mind ...
just dumping them in the trash.

Ah ~ I feel better already!


I'm going to make myself another cup of tea and give Bentley a hug. Now let's
get on to the really important things, like blogging!

Hugs,
Susan and Bentley


12 comments:

  1. Great advice for us all to take. Take care and have a good day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Girl, do you have a secret admirer? THAT many messages? My head would be spinning round and round.
    Brenda

    ReplyDelete
  3. And I think 80 messages are too many! It is important to filter nowadays.

    ReplyDelete
  4. My goodness...I don't keep anything not worthwhile. I think you need to delete the old mail right away! I hope you have a wonderful day and get some good sleep tonight!!

    XO,
    Jane

    ReplyDelete
  5. Blog away! That's how I've spent my day so far - the first I've had a good chance to spend time reading and commenting for a week! Work stresses - and vacation days caught in-between. Thinking tea about now, now that you mention it!

    Joy!
    Hugs to Bentley!
    Kathy

    ReplyDelete
  6. Good advice and I'll be using it too..
    enjoy a stress free day~!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wonderful advice Susan ~ give Bentley a hug for me too~! ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Tea makes everything better. :-)
    Glad you were able to prioritize and turn the day around.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Tea always helps, but I certainly know about the racing mind and the sleepless nights.

    ReplyDelete
  10. My gosh...how did you even get through filtering out that many messages?

    I love your new header with the adorable doggies.

    Hope you have a happy and stress free day!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Eek! I'd be overwhelmed with that many emails too. Wonderful advice. I hope you had several soothing cups of tea.

    ReplyDelete
  12. that many messages? oh my!
    love the puppy on your desk and the tray with the handle..so pretty.

    ReplyDelete

Oliver and I LOVE and read every comment.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...