Friday, March 16, 2012

A Bit O' The Blarney



Sadly there is not one drop of Irish blood in me.  My Grandmother made
sure that I was always proud of my Swedish heritage.  But growing up in
the suburbs of Chicago, one day a year I longed to be Irish.  After all,
what other city dyes it's river green?



Some of my very best friends were Irish ~ Kathleen Feagan, Anne Marie O'Hara.
Then I lived abroad for a while and met Denise McGrath from Belfast.  We
instantly became great friends.  So I may not be Irish by heritage ...



But for one day each year I am Irish in my heart.
We'll be having corned beef and cabbage for dinner and maybe a pint
or two.  




And little pots filled with chocolate and shamrock petits fours for dessert.
Isn't this vintage shamrock cute?  I printed it off of The Graphics Fairy.
Karen just posted a lovely vintage bird print too.  I must think of a way
to use it.



Sorry ~ couldn't quite wait to dive into the chocolate pot!

Be sure to visit Beverly for more St Patty's Day fun.
Before I leave you, here is an Irish Blessing ~

May you always have
Walls for the winds,
A roof for the rain,
Tea beside the fire,
Laughter to cheer you,
Those you love near you,
And all your heart might desire!

Bentley ~ let's go see if there are any Irish Setters in the neighborhood!

Big Hugs,
Susan and Bentley

15 comments:

  1. I would have dived into the chocolate pot, too! Everything looks very Irish! Yes, we celebrate really big in Chicago! ;-D

    XO,
    Jane

    ReplyDelete
  2. that looks so pretty and yummy too Susan.. enjoy your evening,
    Sonny

    ReplyDelete
  3. Top O' the mornin' to ya, sweet sister! Your St. Pat's table looks charming! My kids have Irish heritage on their Dad's side. Their last name is McNeely, :) and I have a smidge on my Mom's side. The tennis girls have a dinner tonight and we are to wear our green. I will be posting it as soon as I can. xoxo
    Bentley, tell Momma you need a doggie kilt :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love it!So yummy!!
    Happy St Patrick's Day and Pink Saturday!

    Irish smiles,
    Kay Ellen

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am mostly english with a bit of irish my great grandmother was McMann I still love the holiday that was never a big deal in our house.
    I love your table so nicely set and the pot of chocolate sounds yummmm
    cathy

    ReplyDelete
  6. I think you are officially Irish for this one day. Your sweet vignette shouts your love for the green! Love the pot with the green treat, that wouldn't last long here either. Happy St. Patrick's Day to you.
    Happy Pink Saturday.

    ~Emily
    The French Hutch

    ReplyDelete
  7. A Chocolate Pot...I'd be Irish, too! Come on by CITexas Gal and check out my 1940 Fenton Collection and promotion of the 1940 US Census Community Project.

    ReplyDelete
  8. No Irish in me either, but I do love to celebrate the green. Your vignette is beautiful, and I bet that chocolate pot was delicious. ;-)
    Happy St. Patrick's Day ~ Sarah

    ReplyDelete
  9. Happy St Pat's Day to you! Mimi

    ReplyDelete
  10. O' how sweet it would be to have a bit of the ol' Irish
    heritage, even for just a day! The chocolate looks sweet!
    Have a happy Green day!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Everyone is Irish on St. Patrick's Day. Enjoyed my visit today and have a delicious dinner.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Yes on St Patty's Day everyone can be Irish!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. HPS! Ok.. if you can't be 'em.... Join 'em!!
    Forget the Hungarian, I am IRISH today!!!!
    Smiles~
    Gypsea Nurse

    ReplyDelete
  14. Susan ~ what a cute post ~ LOVE it. Happy St. Paddy's day to you and yours ~ raise a pint for me ;-) and ofcourse, have some corned beef and cabbage for me. Mr. V. can't eat it

    ReplyDelete
  15. Love your green desert, Happy St Patricks day and Happy Pink Saturday too! ~Diane (I am #75)

    ReplyDelete

Oliver and I LOVE and read every comment.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...