Thursday, October 23, 2014

Fabulous Dollhouse Tablescapes


Since today is Tablescape Thursday, I thought we would come back to
Kathleen's magical dollhouse and take a close look at some of her
fabulous miniature tablescapes.  

I will warn you now ~ this is a lengthy post so brew a cup of tea or
pour yourself a big mug of coffee and settle back and enjoy.
Bentley and I will sprinkle a little fairy dust on you so that we will
all get in the right mood ;-)

Here we are in the kitchen.  It's breakfast time.  Hot blueberry muffins
just out of the oven.  Danish pastries.  Orange juice and coffee.
Yum!



Or maybe you would prefer pancakes and syrup with a side of sausage.
The dollhouse fairies are very sociable and aim to make your visit
as magical as possible.



Doesn't this look delicious!




They also excel at creating lovely and yummy breakfast trays.



Don't you feel spoiled?  That kitty is going to get that pup up one
way or another.  It's time to play!



A backyard barbecue.  



Here we are back in the kitchen.  The fairies are making deviled eggs and
wrapping up sandwiches for a picnic.




Corn on the cob and cherry pie.  My kind of picnic!



Colorful Fiesta Ware.  It always makes a happy statement.  Love the cute
and colorful napkins too.  Even fairies like to set a pretty table!



Mint Juleps on the front porch.  So sophisticated.



Patriotic celebrations on the porch too.  I am just expecting Aunt Bea to
show up any minute for a Mayberry Moment.




My friend Kim Saulter made that apple pie.  She is so talented!
The strawberry cake is by 2smart miniatures.



Look what the fairies are up to now ~ someone is having a birthday …





So much celebrating in this dollhouse.



A Mother's Day tea.



Valentine's Day.



And a special tea party just because!



Fall dinners.



Making pumpkin soup.



And enjoying every spoonful at this pretty table.



Preparing the Thanksgiving feast.  I spy brussel sprouts.  Love them!



Here is the table before it is set.  Such a pretty fall centerpiece.




And finally, the beautiful Thanksgiving table with everyone's favorite
and traditional side dishes.  Quite the feast!



Let's loosen our belts and adjourn in the living room.  I don't know
about you, but I am going to run around the dollhouse block several
times to work off all of those delicious meals!

I wonder if when I finish my own dollhouse one day if the fairies who
move in will be such skilled cooks ;-)

Once again, thanks to my friend Kathleen Holmes for letting us visit her
magnificent dollhouse.  Tomorrow is the big tour of the new home ~
I promise!

Tablescape Thursday
Home Sweet Home
Feathering Your Nest
Show and Tell
Pink Saturday

Bentley and I have been having the loveliest morning
in our studio preparing this post and listening to old
tunes by Frank Sinatra and Mel Torme.  Puts us in
such a dreamy mood.

Big Texas Hugs,
Susan and Bentley





23 comments:

  1. This was really cute, Susan. I enjoyed all of them. Deb

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is so much fun sharing all this dollhouse magic with you. Kathleen's dollhouses are truly magnificent!

    ReplyDelete
  3. HI Susan,
    I am so enjoying these dollhouse tour on your blog. Actually, I'm totally in awe. I just can't get over the detail in each vignette...just amazing. I was tickled to see the little Fiesta dishes. Thank you again for sharing this miniature eye candy with all of us dollhouse lovers. Beautiful photo; exceptional dollhouse. ~Cheryl

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am so happy to share these photos with you Cheryl. Like you, I am totally in awe. Kathleen is just such a dollhouse decorating master. Every detail is perfection. Really takes us to a happy place don't you think?

      Delete
  4. Amazing little house! I enjoyed it so much, as my husband built our two little DDs a two floor house with a kitchen and running water, which was very nostalgic for me to see this. We had many a good time with them. This one is gorgeous and I loved all the food and details and the adorable little tablescape with the Fiesta dishes. My DDs had melamine dishes in these same colors, lol! . Awesome! I also loved the beautiful Fall table setting in the big house.
    Thanks for sharing such fun. Hugs to Bentley.
    FABBY

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Fabby! So glad this post brought back happy memories for you. Thanks for stopping by girlfriend!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh. My. GOD. I think I want a doll house! Does your friend have a blog? I want more!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No, unfortunately Kathleen does not have a blog. Currently her job keeps her too busy. But never say never! I will be featuring more of Kathleen's dollhouse tomorrow so stay tuned.

      Delete
  7. Thank you for the doll house pictures! I LOVE doll houses and even have my mom's, made for her by my Gradnfather, with all of the furniture.... Looking forward to more doll house pictures! Currently in Holland, traveling, and is did manage to find a few doll houses, in museums!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Enjoy your travels throughout Holland. I have been there twice and so enjoyed both visits.

      Delete
  8. How totally gorgeous! I have never seen a doll house like that in my life!

    I just wanted to let you know that you are my Pinning Blogger of the Week and I am featuring you this week.

    Best wishes and thanks for being such a lovely bloggy friend.
    Natasha in Oz

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Natasha! Thank you so much for making me your Pinning Blogger of the week!!

      Delete
  9. Okay, Susan, i am picking myself up off the floor because I passed out when i saw this post!!! LOL!!

    OMG!!! What an amazing collection of miniatures!! I am astounded!! Puts my little doll house to shame ........
    A true work of art your friend, Kathleen, has here!!! I am so inspired now!!

    Hugs,
    Deb

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So glad you are inspired by this dollhouse. I am too. Kathleen has more than just a dollhouse ~ it's a home!

      Delete
  10. I commented yesterday and lost the comment. It's just beyond amazing. All the tiny food! Loved the tour. Anxious to see yours and Bentley's! xo Nancy

    ReplyDelete
  11. How amazing...love every little detail. Wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love things in miniature and this dollhouse is so wonderful! Thanks for the tour!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Oh that little kitchen is amazing! On first look I thought it was real.
    Sherry

    ReplyDelete
  14. Vampires is not at all like in the movies or books. Sure, I understand. You are young you have the whole world open to you. You can be anything that you choose if you apply yourself and try hard to work toward that goal. But being a Vampire is not what it seems like. It’s a life full of good, and amazing things. We are as human as you are.. It’s not what you are that counts, But how you choose to be. Do you want a life full of interesting things? Do you want to have power and influence over others? To be charming and desirable? To have wealth, health, and longevity, I can help you solve any problem you are having
    (1) If you want your ex back.
    (2) If you want to stop having bad dreams.
    (3) You want to be promoted in your office.
    (4) You want women/men to run after you.
    (5) If you want a child.
    (6) You want to be rich.
    (7) You want to tie your husband/wife to be yours forever.
    (8) If you need financial assistance.
    (9) If you want to stop your divorce.
    (10 If you want to divorce your husband.
    (11) If you want your wishes to be granted.
    contact the Vampires Lord on his Email: Richvampirekindom@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete

Oliver and I LOVE and read every comment.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...