Monday, May 11, 2015

Big Reveal of the Texas Rosebud Miniature Townhouse


Hi y'all!  I sure did miss you last week.  I was very busy though working
on my Texas Rosebud Townhouse.  Lots of new things.  Want to take a
peek?




Let's start in the living room.  Several additions here.  


There is a new window with handmade curtains made by me.  Behind the
cozy chair is a new bookcase.  I bought it unfinished.  I painted it and
lined the back of the unit with a mini rose bud print.  It is the Texas Rosebud
Townhouse so roses are everywhere!




Some of the books I purchased, like this new set of Anne of Green Gables
books, and some I made.  I was hard at work at our breakfast counter gluing
and decoupaging covers.  I get so involved in my work that I totally
forget the real world.



I tweaked the top of the mantel a bit and added some "family" photos.  





Lots of fun going on in the kitchen too ….



I really went crazy in here.  I would wake up in the middle of the night with
an inspiration and could hardly wait to act on it.  Thankfully I am so lucky to
have such a loving and encouraging husband who doesn't think I am nuts!
Of course, maybe he does ~ I have not had the nerve to ask him.




I found this adorable clock on etsy.  I am going to go into detail about all
the things I purchased for the townhouse tomorrow.  I will be sure to tell
you all about Roxanne and her charming miniatures then.



I made a skirt for the kitchen sink.  Off to the right and next to the
cabinet is a little calendar I put created from this and that.

You can't see it very well in this pic, but I embroidered a little
felt rug for the area in front of the sink too.



I put in a door.  I need to create a little scene for the background.  Have
not decided just what I want yet, but it will come to me.  Oh and I made
the little curtain rod and the valance too.  But …. my favorite things are 
the itty bitty aprons I made.  I had so much fun creating them.





I found a cute little unfinished peg rack to hang my aprons on.  



The buttons are handmade out of polymer clay.  I designed them so that
they could be sewn on just like real ones would be.   I added the pocket
so that the cook could keep her wooden spoon at the ready.  Something
always needs stirring in the kitchen :-)




So there you have it ~ the big reveal.   I get so involved that I forget to eat!
Hmm …. dollhouses keep you slim.  I wonder if I lost any weight last
week?  Seems like my clothes are looser.




Time to get a sandwich and make a cup of tea.  So glad to be back
visiting with y'all.  Hope you will stop by again tomorrow when I give
you some dollhouse resources and tips.  Until then ….


Bentley ~ you know what this dollhouse needs that it doesn't
have?  A dog!  Every house needs a dog!  I thought you 
would agree with me :-)

Big Texas Hugs,
Susan and Bentley











12 comments:

  1. Oh dear...I want a house just like it only BIG...:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Susan - It is adorable. David needs to give up the golf tourneys and get an additional job so you can continue to buy your miniatures! LOL Everything is just precious! Love it all!

    Judy

    ReplyDelete
  3. I could live in that gorgeous house! Yes, a puppy would be just the perfect addition.

    Mary

    ReplyDelete
  4. Just darling! Saw it on Inspire Me Tuesday
    Ann http://theapplestreetcottage.blogspot.com/2015/05/my-cozy-porch.html

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yep! The Texas Rosebud has to have a dog. Maybe named Rose or Rosey? Lol..

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh Susan this is so adorable! All the thought and planning this must have taken. I love the kitchen, the island and hutch are my favorites.I have a dollhouse I've always wanted to decorate. Fabulous job......

    ReplyDelete
  7. Tooooo cute! Every detail is amazing! Great job! Fun hobby! I want this house!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Me encanta todo, es precioso.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I wish that I could pull an Alice In Wonderland kind of thing, shrink down and come bake and read etc. in that house. It's over the top adorable.:)

    ReplyDelete
  10. I am visiting from Cozy Little House and the teaser photo (the last on your blog) drew me in! I looked and it, thought it was a "real" room. It is adorable, a room decorated from my dreams! I love your colors, the coziness especially of the chair - the books and book covers, the newspapers - it is just wonderful!!!!

    ReplyDelete

Oliver and I LOVE and read every comment.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...