Monday, May 20, 2013

How Would You Tweak This???


The covered patio in the back of our new house in Texas
has this nice outdoor sink, counter and cabinet.  When I 
first saw this I thought to myself ~ this would make a 
cute potting bench.  That was before I saw the potting shed
tucked away in another portion of the backyard.  So now I
am torn.  Potting bench or part of an outdoor serving area?




Remember this fabulous potting bench from Country Living Magazine?
Love the shelves with the vintage brackets.  Now it just so happens that
I have two pairs of vintage wrought iron brackets very much like 
these and whatever I do, be it potting bench or serving area, I will
use these brackets to put two shelves over the sink.





Of course David wants an outdoor kitchen.  However, a potential
outdoor kitchen will have to move farther out on the patio because
beautiful long windows currently flank this sink area and I do
not want to cover them up.  I am thinking that I could put a small
refrigerator in the cabinet which would be easy to do because the
power is already there.  That would make a nice beverage serving
station.   I'm thinking this through and welcome your ideas.

Need to run, I am showing my Mom's house to another
prospective buyer this afternoon.  Wish me luck!

Happily Joining ~

Tweak It Tuesday
Inspire Me Tuesday

Bentley ~  I am getting so excited about our move to
Texas.  Are you?

Big Hugs,
Susan and Bentley










15 comments:

  1. Holy smokes, as opinionated as I nearly always am I cannot answer this question - any of those ideas are good ones!!!!!!!!!!!!!

    How much fun is THAT?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Susan - LOVELY!! I would definitely use those shelves above regardless of what you use it for. That's a beautiful photo of the shelves and cabinets.

    I know you are so excited about redecorating your new house. I would be. Looking forward to all of your new decorating.

    Bentley - do you like the patio?

    Judy

    ReplyDelete
  3. Just do both! :) Outdoor kitchen with lots of greenery about ...:)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yes I am. I live in Texas. Smiles,Dottie

    ReplyDelete
  5. Not sure if you ever saw my post about our Grill Hut. It certainly has made my hubby happy.

    http://justalittlesouthernhospitality.blogspot.com/2012/06/grill-hut.html

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh, my goodness! Your new home sounds so fabulous. This sounds like a great spot to play with! Good luck with your home sales.
    be a sweetie,
    Shelia ;)

    ReplyDelete
  7. The new home sounds great!
    Happy moving.
    Thanks for sharing.
    Hope to see you on my blog:)

    Greetings from Singapore...

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love the idea of the shelves above this area. I'd keep it a drink / serving area for outdoor dining since you have a potting shed. What fun it's going to be to have a real potting shed. Just look to Mary @ Home Is Where The Boat Is and you'll have inspiration galore.
    Good luck with the real estate issue. When is the move date? ~ Sarah

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hummmmmm...this is a tough one, but since I've always longed for an outdoor kitchen that gets my vote! Btw, I love Bentley! He's a doll! All the best in your new place!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Okay, I admit it. I must have been sleeping, but I didn't know you were moving to Texas. That's cool. We've been in Austin for 12 years and I love it. What part of Texas are you going to?? Moving is a drag, but sometimes it's really worth it. I hope this is one of those times for you!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I see many, many projects in your future and I cannot wait to be "along for the ride"! I know you will make the your new home so lovely!! Wishing you lots of luck on selling your mother's home!!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh your new place will be so fun to decorate, I can't wait to see what all you do. Thanks for joining Inspire Me. Hugs, Marty

    ReplyDelete
  13. We would love to have an outdoor cooking area! We grill almost every day here in FL. What do you need most? I know you'll make it lovely! Sweet hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Well, I am a Texas girl myself and we spend so much time outside grilling and swimming-my vote is an outdoor kitchen!
    Jemma

    ReplyDelete
  15. If you eat outdoors a lot a outdoor kitchen is the go.
    Merle............

    ReplyDelete

Oliver and I LOVE and read every comment.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...