Saturday, January 4, 2014

Landscaping Around the Potting Shed



David and I are going to go out into the yard to measure and to see if 
the potting shed I want will be the best footprint for the spot where
I intend to set it.  I am pretty sure it will be fine, so I am now looking
at some ideas for landscaping around the outside of the shed.

Much of my yard is shady, so I will have to be careful about the
plants I choose.  It would be nice if I could have some sunflowers
like this ~ maybe?



source

Hydrangea Heaven is what I call this.  Isn't that a Japanese maple too?
Oh and a couple of sweet topiaries flanking the entrance to the front porch.
Looks like some pretty day lilies too.



source


Oh how I love a cottage garden.  Can't you imagine Gladys Taber or
Beatrix Potter gardening just around the corner?  I sure can.



source


Look how nestled into the landscape this shed is.  I must say that there
are times when I really appreciate when the colors of a cottage don't
compete with nature, but blend in instead.  Everything is naturally
charming.  An organic look.



source

Succulents growing on the roof.  I wonder how long they would last with
the possum who seems to like to visit our yard every evening?  I must
learn more about our nightly visitor.  Bentley just wants him to stay
away!  Therefore I better not give our possum a name :-)


source

Stepping stones, pots of flowers and sweet weeping trees.  I could go on and on.
I hope I am not boring you.  Obviously I have the tiny cottage virus and I have
no intention of shaking it!


Seasonal Sundays


Come on Bentley ~ let's go pace out the footprint and then head to
the garden center.

Big Texas Hugs,
Susan and Bentley





















14 comments:

  1. I like each of these cottage potting sheds you show here. How could you choose one? I am sure yours will be charming, with your artistic vision.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those are all wonderful, wonderful examples, Susan. I would be happy with any of them. That landscaping around the one with the hydrangea and hosta plants would work well in a shaded area. Have fun planning- xo Diana

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the second one..It would be tough to choose one..Love the Hydrangeas and Hosta for landscaping..

    ReplyDelete
  4. I sure know a lot about that particular virus.
    Brenda

    ReplyDelete
  5. OK, girlfriend, now you have ME wanting a charming potting shed.....these are awesome.
    Here from Tablescaper.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I think I like the first arrangement best! Hey, I had a pet possum when I was young (about 6th grade). His name was Peter. Being nocturnal, he drove us crazy with his nightly roamings around the house. We enjoyed him, but one time our dad was playing with him and it bit his finger, so he threw it out of the house! :(

    ReplyDelete
  7. oh my goodness, if I could have an adorable little potting shed like these, I would take up gardening! Just like doll houses they are! You are so lucky to be planning one! Can't wait to see!
    Jenna

    ReplyDelete
  8. Susan, I can see you are making headway on the potting shed. I know it's going to be lovely once you select one and get it placed. Definitely add a Japanese maple if you can. Of course a bed of gorgeous hydrangeas would be fabulous, but not sure they will grow in Victoria. Have fun with this new year's project.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I see you're already thinking about spring, but then it comes much earlier for you in Texas that up here in Ohio. Right now it seems ages away with subzero temps on their way. Beautiful photos. I can hardly wait to see what you come up with.
    Cindy

    ReplyDelete
  10. Susan ~ I am sure that whatever you choose will look adorable. If you yard is shady the hydrangeas and hostas would be lovely additions. I can hardly wait to see your sweet little potting shed ~

    ReplyDelete
  11. Good luck and have fun planning your potting shed and landscaping. There's nothing quite as fun as dream-shopping for garden ideas!

    I'd like to invite you to a new link party, called Happy Tuesday. We're sharing anything that makes us happy - we want to spread good vibes and positivity throughout blogland. You can find out more info at the link below. I hope you'll come and join us!

    http://holidays-at-the-harris-home.blogspot.com/p/happy-tuesdays.html

    Thanks,
    Jenny

    ReplyDelete
  12. There's a lot of inspiration. I can't wait to see what you come up with!

    Great to have you celebrate the New Year with Seasonal Sundays.

    - The Tablescaper

    ReplyDelete
  13. I just loved all the potting sheds shown! All of these are extremely beautiful and pleasing to my eyes. Such beautiful landscaping ideas need a lot of appreciation. Thanks a lot you shared it with us!!! The landscaping contractors of Sergio's Landscaping Phoenix at http://goo.gl/75wenI not only keep your gardens clean and green scientifically but also incorporate their creative ideas and tactics to give your simple garden a heavenly look.

    ReplyDelete
  14. This is a nice place really. It i get chance i will buy such a cottage. Great appreciation from Buy my house for cash denver

    ReplyDelete

Oliver and I LOVE and read every comment.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...