Thursday, January 17, 2019

Moving Things Around A Bit


Well, it's hard to get a good photo in this room.  It tends to be dark 
anyway, but the dark gray and rainy weather doesn't help one bit!

Right along with the rest of you, I have been moving things around a
bit now that the Christmas decorations are down and mostly, and I do
mean mostly, packed up and put away.  I paired down a bit for 
Christmas 2018, but I don't think I paired down quite enough.  As
a consequence, I have now created a donate pile that is growing
each day.  I had a very firm talk with myself and I have been told
by me, that I am NOT to walk into Hobby Lobby when they start
putting out their Christmas decor next Fall.  I wonder if it is possible
to alert the store and have them turn on an alarm when I walk in???



So here you have the farmhouse table in my breakfast room.  I will
never sell or give this away because I love it dearly and have owned it
since before I married David.  I have one problem with it though, I 
always feel a bit challenged to create a centerpiece for it.  Apparently
I did not inherit my Mama's exceptional ability to create them.  I 
seem especially challenged when the table is rectangular like this one.



So I went with the less is more approach and just put some green
apples in a vintage wood bowl.  I toyed with the idea of adding some
additional fruit, but I held back.  I don't know how long this arrangement
will have a home on this table, but it does for now.  

That's all for today folks.  I think I will have a hot dog.  I have not had
one for years and recently a childhood friend of mine started talking 
about Chicago dogs, and it got me started.  I don't eat mine the Chicago
way with the peppers and onions.  I like mine with yellow mustard and
pickle relish.  I also like the NYC style with sauerkraut.   I was careful
to buy the kind without nitrates.  I am careful that way.  So I must
close and get that dog because I am so hungry for one!

Sparkle and Shine and Big Texas Hugs,
Susan and Bentley

9 comments:

  1. I also join you on the decluttering and getting rid of--we are sooo good aren't we???
    And I have not had a hot dog in many years now too--I always liked mine grilled outdoors and all beef ones with just ketchup on it-!!!
    enjoy yours--
    luv, di

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really like your farmhouse table, I have several families that use them. I go all out for my hot dog tho. Chili, onions, the whole nine yards.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think it looks very cheerful to me! I have a big bag of "good Christmas" to show our daughter-in-law this week and if she doesn't want all or some, the rest will probably go to charity. No matter where it goes it is going OUT!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I also have a bag of Christmas out but wow I did bring in this year. So next year I'll have to edit again. I'm ready to do some moving things around in my little duplex to get a needed refreshed look. It might take me awhile but I will get it done. Hugs.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I seem to be always moving things around a bit - lol Enjoy that hot dog to the fullest!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I think your centerpiece looks perfect! I have a very large box growing of things I am getting rid of as we redo our kitchen!

    ReplyDelete

Oliver and I LOVE and read every comment.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...