Thursday, May 28, 2020

The Garden Around Sweet Tea Cottage


Aside from the work I am doing inside the cottage ~ wallpaper and 
paint, I am slowly tending the garden around the cottage too.
I bought more pea gravel to fill in spots that seem a bit too sparse.



I am refreshing my annuals too.  Most of my vinca survived the
winter because it was a mild one here.  I have added a few more
plants as well.



Back in Idaho, my potting shed was covered in English ivy.  I love
that look and I am encouraging the ivy growth here as well.



The creeping Jenny in the window boxes survived the winter and is
starting lots of new growth.  On the left is jasmine which has already
bloomed.  It was so fragrant.  I miss that lovely scent now.



I bought some basil and some mint too.  Trying to keep the mint contained
because I know how it loves to spread.  There is some chamomile in that
little tea cup.  It will probably get too big for that cup, but I think it looks
sweet in there for now.

Little by little there are more changes.  I enjoy this little cottage so
much and I am in the process of creating a series of cozy mysteries
based on a cottage such as this one.  Stay tuned!

Love,
Susan and Oliver


3 comments:

  1. Everything looks wonderful, Susan. It looks like you are feeling a whole lot better and able to enjoy summer and your life!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful. I've been extremely busy in the garden and putting up some extra bird feeders. We have been swarmed with Baltimore Orioles this year. Lots of young squirrels all over. I'm sure Oliver is right there beside you most of the time. I have a feral cat that has finally started letting me rub his back, head and behind his ears. He didn't know what he had been missing for years. He's still skiddish and I doubt if he'll ever let me pick him up-he still has moments of swatting at me but he follows me around the garden now. He's lonely since his buddy Louie is no longer around.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Soooooooo Pretty! Your photos are Magazine worthy!

    ReplyDelete

Oliver and I LOVE and read every comment.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...