Thursday, January 28, 2016

Tweaking a Mini Bookcase


A few weeks ago I was in the miniature section of Hobby Lobby and
found this unfinished mini bookcase and brought it home.



So I painted and distressed it and started filling the shelves with books.
I found some very charming antique looking books on etsy.
Here is the link to the shop:


Debby does some great work and I will be buying some more books
from her in the future.



Here is how it looks on the bookshelf.  I made that little wing chair several
years ago.  I learned from the mistakes I made on this one and have started
making another.  



I am completely enchanted by miniatures.  

I am feeling much better today.  What a pleasure not to be coughing so
much and sneezing so loudly that David can hear me all away across the
house ~ and it's a big sprawling ranch house so believe me when I
tell you that I am a very loud sneezer.  I am such a tiny person, but
my sneezes could shatter glass ;-)

Have a wonderful Thursday!

Big Texas Hugs,
Susan and Bentley

19 comments:

  1. I do hope your cold goes soon, but it doesn't seem to have stopped you being creative, and that book case looked lovely with all the tiny books in it** My husband is getting over his cold and cough which he has suffered for over three weeks, and its made him feel very weak and lethargic, so I hope you have a different sort of cold ** Its very windy and getting much harder winds tomorrow, so we shall all be looking out for flying trees and other debris!! hugs to you from over the Pond.. Janzi

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hope you feel better soon. Oh my gosh! It's so adorable. If one looks too fast, one would think it is real. I have to check out that shop. My daughter is into miniatures and sometimes makes her own. xoxo Su

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Check out that shop and other miniature shops on Etsy ~ there are some great ones!

      Delete
  3. I'm fighting a head cold myself. Not fun! I think you have the right idea though. These miniatures are adorable. And of course you have Black Beauty! '-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sorry to hear that you are not feeling well Sarah. I hope your cold does not linger as long as mine has.

      Delete
  4. So glad you are feeling better. Your little bookcase is just precious. Love all of those books.

    Judy

    ReplyDelete
  5. So glad you are feeling better! And I think you've done a marvelous job on your bookcase! (I have the same one, it's neat to see how different we've used them.)

    Susan, will you please send me your snail mail via private email please? Thanks! : - )

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thankful your better even is you are rattling the house with your sneezes.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My sneezing is rather funny ~ Bentley gives me a very concerned look whenever I start ;-)

      Delete
  7. Replies
    1. I feel the same way! If I can find "Alice" shrinking pills I will let you know. We can shrink down together and live in magic land ;-)

      Delete
  8. I am also enchanted by miniatures, Susan. Your new piece is lovely and the books are darling. Susan

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh my heart! Truly enchanting. I cannot get over that wing chair. Such talent!
    Have a wonderful, sunny weekend!

    ReplyDelete

Oliver and I LOVE and read every comment.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...