Saturday, January 5, 2013

Coming Up Next ~ The Dollhouse


My dollhouse is still in the box, but not for long.  Now that my
studio is starting to come together, the dollhouse will be built and
it will have a home.

I have a question ~ what color do you think I should paint the exterior?
I am leaning towards white with green shutters.  Or possibly a pale yellow
with white trim and green shutters.  Just not sure, so I would love
your opinion.



I have been saving pics of miniature cottages on a Pinterest board.
Some of these are just so cute I want to move right in.



This is Kim's dollhouse over at Dear Daisy Cottage.  Kim has another
blog now, but you can reach it via the link above.  Everything she
does is so colorful and happy!




Cynthia over at Cynthia's Cottage Design  is a fabulous miniaturist.
Stop by her site and you will be charmed.

So much inspiration here.  Can't wait to get mine built!
I will be posting the pics of my finished child sized hutch tomorrow.
Stop back and take a look.

Bentley was barking at a Peregrine Falcon that was up in the huge
tree that our deck is built around.  We have quite a few of these
predatory birds around here and there is always a nest of them on
one of the buildings downtown.  I watched and the falcon was
not the least bit interested in Bentley.  Thank goodness!  I brought
Bentley inside though just to be safe

Happily Joining ~


Hugs,
Susan and Bentley












14 comments:

  1. When my daughter was 6, I built her a dollhouse for her birthday. It took me a month of hiding out in the shed at night after she went to bed. On her party invitation, I said she was getting a dollhouse so everyone gave her miniatures as gifts. We kept it in the front window of our house and people began calling our house "the dollhouse house". Fast forward 10 years and we were downsizing to our present home- a less than 1000 sq. ft. cottage. My husband gave away the dollhouse without asking KC. About 6 months after moving, out of the blue she asked where her dollhouse was. When Steve told her, she cried and left the room telling her dad that she just couldn't talk to him right then. The next day he went to the home of the neighbors he had given the dollhouse to and they happily returned it. KC was so happy. The dollhouse is now in the attic until KC has a little girl of her own.

    A long comment, but seeing your dollhouse brought back that memory. Have fun building it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have always wanted to do a dollhouse! I just found everything was so expensive I knew it wasn't in the budget. Have fun--can't wait to see it all :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Susan. Oh, I can't wait to see your dollhouse. I love the style of it. Don't all of them look like you could move right in and be very happy..Happy New Year to Bentley too..Judy

    ReplyDelete
  4. oh how exciting, bet you cant wait to start "playing" with it....looking forward to see how you furnish it, ali

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love your new doll house!! Wishing you luck with building it. Can't wait to see it all finished!!

    Hugs,
    Debbie

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am always amazed at some of the interiors of the dollhouses..they look like a real room. I vote yellow with green shutters. I am glad that falcon was not interested in Bentley!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh you are right. So cute you just want to move right in.

    ReplyDelete
  8. You had me at dollhouse! We have 7 of them at our house. I'm constantly finding excuses to buy more. I love giving them seasonal/holiday makeovers. Can't wait to check out your pinboard and recommended blogs. Have fun playing!

    PS. Here's a sneak peek of mine dollhouse (and my daughter's dollhouse) celebrating New Year's eve:

    http://kenward.blogspot.com/2012/12/new-years-eve-preparations-at-dollhouses.html

    ReplyDelete
  9. How exciting to have your very own doll house to be so creative with ~ Lovely post ~ have fun!

    A Creative Harbor) aka ArtMuseDog and Carol ^_^

    ReplyDelete
  10. I have one in a box, too, Susan. I should build it but I've vowed to finish decorating my other dollhouse first! Yellow gets my vote!

    xo
    Claudia

    ReplyDelete
  11. Your are going to have such fun building this mini and then furnishing it with charm. I vote white w/ forest green shutters.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love pale yellow, so my pick would be the pale yellow with white trim and green shutters.

    What a fun project!

    Peace,

    Vee

    ReplyDelete
  13. Susan....

    It's never too late to embrace your inner child, is it?

    xo, Rosemary

    ReplyDelete
  14. You are going to have so much fun with your doll house, Susan. Can't wait to see all of the things you do with it.
    Hugs,
    Laura

    ReplyDelete

Oliver and I LOVE and read every comment.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...